small Leopard Ctenopoma diet?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Get him on a good sinking pellet.
Mine eats Hikari sinking carnivore.It is also about two inches in length so I have to cut the pellets in half or else he'll take them in and spit them back out.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
This one is just too small to take them whole yet.He tries but ends up making a mess lol.Luckily my yellow perch cleans up after him...I have never given my Ctenopoma any live food.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
eh I like to give predators the chance to predate naturally once a week at least, my buddy said its kept aggression down in his semi aggro comm tanks and so far I haven't had any aggression problems, and in my big tank I have an ornate bichir and red hi fin wolf!

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well great if that works for you.I am down to just a few fish in my collection that still eat live foods and the sooner I get them onto pellets the better...Dealing with feeder fish is a risky pain in the ass.

Chicxulub

Hand of the King
Administrator
Aug 29, 2009
I crash at the K-Pg
Well great if that works for you.I am down to just a few fish in my collection that still eat live foods and the sooner I get them onto pellets the better...Dealing with feeder fish is a risky pain in the ass.
+1.

I do enjoy watching my fish feed on live prey at times, but when I decide to indulge I normally quarantine, medicate and gut load the feeders for at least a month. The live feedings are also very rare and only given to thoroughly pellet trained fish.

I think most people who have predators enjoy seeing them hunt from time to time, but most of us realize the logistical risk that comes with choosing to do so as well as the great benefit to feeding prepared foods.

BuffaloPolypteridae

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2013
Buffalo
I breed and gut load, so I know my feeders are healthy but don't use them as a main food source. its a fun process breeding your own safe healthy feeders, and that way you have the perfect sized feeders for whatever sized fish you have, especially with young fish that you don't want to put through breaking to dead food yet. I always try though, hence why my baby cten is already on freeze dried brine shrimp and flake haha

Sent from my DROID4 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
They suck up food like a vacuum cleaner lol:). Had two out competed my senagals for food.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store