Still thinking Kelberi?

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
Had these ID'ed on here as kelberi when I last posted then when smaller, they have put on some size now, ya'll still think these are kelberi? Bought them unlabeled
image.jpg image.jpg
When I first got them
image.jpg

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
They should have some spangling on their pectorals by now..at those sizes.Most,if not all the Kels that I've had sure did.

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
The time in between those two pictures is one month, any ideas as to what they are then? They are about 5-6"

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Do you mean a month's time between the top two and bottom photo?.....incredible growth if so...what is your feeding and water change regimen?

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
Actually 1 month and 18 days, I just checked the dates on the pictures

They could be a little more than 6" now though, just eyeball measuring. They were 2.5" when I bought them.

Carni sticks, massivore, and shrimp 4 times a day and 50% weekly
image.jpg image.jpg

Do you mean a month's time between the top two and bottom photo?.....incredible growth if so...what is your feeding and water change regimen?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,I guesstimated them to be around six to eight inches in length and you've certainly done well with them.They might spangle up and turn out to be kelberi,everything else about their looks indicate to me that they are but if they turn out to be some sort of hybrid they still look impressive.

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
Thanks, now if I could only get my datnoids to grow as quickly, my oldest one I've raised is approaching 2 years now and is still only about 5", and my 8 juvies are not showing any growth either besides their fat shrimp bellies...
Yeah,I guesstimated them to be around six to eight inches in length and you've certainly done well with them.They might spangle up and turn out to be kelberi,everything else about their looks indicate to me that they are but if they turn out to be some sort of hybrid they still look impressive.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Four times a day..now that's what I call power feeding.
So are those dats eating anything else besides shrimp?

Eatsomekiwis

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2005
The 5" won't touch anything but shrimp and krill, the 8 1.5" growouts will hit pellets then spit them out, they are on krill, dried blood worms and fresh shrimp, the newest 12" took shrimp the first day, has been eyeballing the pellets I feed the peacocks but that's it, only eyeballing. Previous owner feed it only shrimp and feeders. Says he raised it for 2 years from 2".
Four times a day..now that's what I call power feeding.
So are those dats eating anything else besides shrimp?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store