sunset hygro

jimmie d wad

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 20, 2011
south of heaven
every thing i have see is this stuff is an invasive. its on the federal list and i have read its a big no no on other fourms. but here is the letter i recieved from nd game and fish.

James,

Your e-mail was forwarded to me for a response. I’ve been in the field a lot lately; sorry for the delayed response.

As you’ve noted, this aquatic plant is not listed as an aquatic nuisance species in ND. Frankly, the aquarium and pet trade have not received a lot of attention from the aquatic invasives standpoint in ND – which is similar to the case in many other states. But many are recognizing that these commercial enterprises do indeed pose a serious threat in terms of movements of invasives, and thus are working to address these threats.

Since it is not illegal to possess this species, you can purchase and place in your aquarium. But you cannot transport aquatic plants into ND, so you’d have to either purchase it from a local dealer or else have it shipped directly to you. It is also illegal to transport any aquatic vegetation to or from any waters of the state. This last prohibition is designed in part to address issues such as this. Although you can possess this species, you must cannot transport this plant to any water body and thus cannot allow it to become established in the wild.

I hope this helps to address your concerns? Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Fred

it is illegal to transport anything other than bait in water in nd. cant leave fish in your live well ect ect

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store