Tankmates for Black Ghost Knife Fish

dark_knights_99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Philippines
I would suggest a good tankmate with a BGK are Discuss or Green/Gold Severum (dont just buy a pair of severums because they might get aggresive on thier own kind, get at least 3-4 pcs) and for the bottomdwellers, go for the bichirs :naughty:

wannaarro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2006
Cape Fear River Basin
I've had my BGK and Turquoise severum in a 55g for several months now. They exist in pretty good harmony, although when the Sev gets a little too close to the BG's food he gets a little "prod." They've been growing up together, which helps. Also have some Emerald cories, bigger size. Not a crowded tank, just right for me. Best of fortune with your decisions.

***BGK's grow anywhere from 10 to 18" in captivity. My plan is to have a much larger tank for him and my Paratilapia polleni in the near future (both are growing slow but steady).

kissme_419

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2006
Flint, Michigan
Well I have some ideas already. i don't really want any severums and I've had lots of problems with discuses already.

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
55 seems too small for a BGK. They can get 20 inches long and that'll be pretty hard for them to turn around in.

Tuscuttar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
BGKs rarely exeed 12" in captivity, none of my 4 have (All kept seperate), and i have owned 2 before that (2 owned before-hand died of velvet, died before i could do anything), and all stayed between 9"-12". On full meat diet of (Live/frozen) bloodworm, (frozen) brine shrimp, and self prepared (Fresh/Frozen) tilapia cubes they grow an inch per 3- 4 months (Extremely slow growers) All mine have lived happily in 55g tanks. I have one with a Senegal Bichir and an Albino Plecostomus and all is well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store