Tentacle Snake Erpeton tentaculatum

Fly River

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 3, 2006
sAN dIEGO
I would love to have a Erpeton tank. These guys are so cool to watch when they are feeding. I believe they have a mild venom so be careful.

joeyb218

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 7, 2007
New York
philipng;189347; said:
I've seen these guys before at the Bronx Zoo in New York City, but other than that, my first encounter with them was a pet store out in Staten Island a few years ago. They definitely looked cool and got me interested in possibly getting them, but I could never find any damn info on them in books or the internet.

Great article and thanks for sharing what you've shared thus far! :thumbsup:
Hey you wouldnt happen to know where in Staten Island that pet store was right?

fenrisswolf

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2006
Bakersfield, CA
Well, given the interest on these, and their relative rarity, I thought I'd let others know.

Mfezi.com has some in stock, and will get some more at the end of the month.
There will also be some available from them at the Reptile Breeder's show in Anaheim, CA, for anyone nearby or willing to make the drive. (Sorry, don't have a better date/location info, but should be easy to find via Google or your favorite search engine.)

The price he's set for them isn't too bad either. Not cheap, but not outrageous either. ($150 ea.)

Just leave me one from the late September batch and I'll be happy...
(It's way too close to rent & other bills due for me to buy one right now, or I'd have jumped at the chance.)

BIGMONSTER

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2007
Federal Way, WA, D.S.A.
Yaeh thats awesome'

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store