The Biotope Challenge

mymindseye81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2009
Houston TX
I agree with AMAZON we need pics! enough talky talk we need pics people. I will start it off... Here are some pics of my 75. This is Tanganyika biotope w/ 4 frontosa, 1 black calvus, & 1 compressiceps. The decor is Texas Holey Rock. I know that the rocks dont come from any kind of water but they just look so darn cool. im even thinking about staining them a dark grey or black color to make them look more realistic. any way im sure you guys have much better tanks than this one so let see them!!
oh and Princess lets see all of your tanks, everyone submit all of your tank pics!!

Aquarium 0078.jpg

Aquarium 005.jpg

Aquarium 0100.jpg

mymindseye81

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2009
Houston TX
That looks amazing! i want to do marina so bad but im to scared. yours looks great princess:p. since yours is :barf:SO MUCH BETTER THAN MINE, and we are the only 2 posting pics:WTF: haha then yes you win :banher:congrats a marina tank beat a freshwater... typical
:j/k::mwave:

*THIS CONTEST SUCKED*

Otto_VonBacon

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2008
Montgomery TEXAS

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
Just got back from vacation with handful of redbelly dace, johnny darters, brook sticklebacks, crayfish, mudminnows that I have caught out of a family property river.... all in one spot- I even brought back the driftwood, plants and some sand....as well as clams, snails theres even 2 fish I'm not sure about the ID yet, they're called nile perch maybe something different they're brown with black stripe over their eyes

I always wanted redbelly dace setup and one of the males I have caught is just so sweet looking! will be working on the tank this weekend though the 20 g long tank is currently running but semi-bare- only got clam shells, driftwood working on sinking them again as they got dried out fast.

Alot of the Johnny darters jumped out- much to my disappointment and to my cats delight.

zenyfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
OC, CA
mymindseye81;3339616; said:
I will start it off... Here are some pics of my 75. This is Tanganyika biotope w/ 4 frontosa, 1 black calvus, & 1 compressiceps. The decor is Texas Holey Rock. I know that the rocks dont come from any kind of water but they just look so darn cool. im even thinking about staining them a dark grey or black color to make them look more realistic. any way im sure you guys have much better tanks than this one so let see them!!
umm ... plastic plants and aquarium gravel in a "biotope"?

Separate categories for fresh and salt water.

KMKN

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2008
????
zenyfish;3341141; said:
umm ... plastic plants and aquarium gravel in a "biotope"?

Separate categories for fresh and salt water.
:iagree:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store