The reckoning

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Thanks for the pics of your drip system. Too bad I could not use the water and it would just go down the drain. Would have to pump it out of the basement. And I keep cacti insude so don't need that much water for them. Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Alright I need opinions here on extra flow for the tank, I like to keep the water moving to keep the sand clean.

What do I get??????????????????????? Also its thick acrylic so needs to be able to hold on well.

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Koralia...XO3O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1331757557&sr=8-1
Koralia Evolution Aquarium Pump 1400gph, I could get 2 of these which would work good for the shape of the tank,

http://www.amazon.com/Marineland-Ml...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1331757740&sr=1-7
Options on how its setup, can also blow air through it which is nice to me thats a big +++, means saving on air pump.

http://www.amazon.com/Aquatop-CP-24...s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1331757772&sr=1-22
Crazy flow, might blow everything around all over or not? a good bit of power usage but not bad,

http://www.amazon.com/Hydor-Koralia...s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1331757826&sr=1-16
One 2200gph , expensive but allot of flow well so I think

http://www.amazon.com/1300-Coral-Aq...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1331757918&sr=1-2
Cheap, but if it breaks just buy more and I could get 4 if needed for what ever.

My concern is that I have one of these Cant remeber if its this one or a larger one, its not a small one at all, I think min it was 400gph
http://www.amazon.com/Aqueon-06131-...?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1331758093&sr=1-2
It moves water around a little but really I think its not too good, It works better up high in the tank moving surface water, lower in the tank it seems like its almost not working.

I want something to move water around and push crap to the over flows.

Zari

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2011
Aurora,Colorado
I've heard good about koralias however I don't own any.
I do however own 3 maxi jet pro's 130/500gph I think. I love the hell out of these things. I went from using one to move crap around on the bottom to using it to power a small overhead aquaponic system. Just love that you can change em up whenever you want.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Agreed I have 2 and like them allot, but never know about something that might be better because I dont own it.

Other option, closed loop system with pvc piping hidden with water jets in areas of the tank, just a different style pump setup and such, I do like this option allot and could just buy one larger pump to use for everything.

I've heard good about koralias however I don't own any.
I do however own 3 maxi jet pro's 130/500gph I think. I love the hell out of these things. I went from using one to move crap around on the bottom to using it to power a small overhead aquaponic system. Just love that you can change em up whenever you want.

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
Other option, closed loop system with pvc piping hidden with water jets in areas of the tank, just a different style pump setup and such, I do like this option allot and could just buy one larger pump to use for everything.
I have two closed loop systems on my 450. It's all one inch plumbing, I put two 1" bulkheads on each side of the 8' tank pushing water from the left side of the tank to the right side very low to the gravel. Actually too low cuz there's a bare spot, the gravel can't handle the current. I put Nu-Clear filters on the closed loop which makes the water crystal clear. The lower current keeps the poo off the gravel.

Initially this was too much filtration and I only ran one closed loop. Now my Niger cat is almost 30" and may weigh in at a whopping 15 pounds lol. I also have a 30" AUL.

Note: I built up a rock/drift wood dark cave area at the closed loop intakes. 90% of the time the Niger Cat and AUL stay there. They love the current and darkness. I love the poo only has about 2" too the filter! Those two monsters are about 50% of my bio load in that tank :ROFL:

So closed loop systems can work but they are not as mobil/flexible as the power heads. Nice thing for me is the added filtration and crispy clean water they produce.

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Alright its been done for a couple days but here is an update on getting the wire in for the tank, I need to go get a 12g wire today and a couple breakers for everything. Going to run a 20amp wire for just the tank are. Going to have 4 plugs in the base, 4 plugs for the top, should be plenty for anything I really need to do. also got a light switch setup with one light for inside the tank room. Plumer didnt show up so i still need to get with him and go over everything. Here is a layout of the tank on the floor. Its going to cover the window a little but my porch is above the window so it is useless anyways, Would have been a good place to make a built in tank :drool: Today I am going to be working on scratch removal and also going to work on checking all the seams and probably using some weld 16 just to make me happy with everything and have some piece of mind. Also picked up a new fish last night, Amazing colors the pic was with flash so its more orange, the fish is more red really but still you get the idea. IMG_1682[1].JPG

IMG_1657.JPGIMG_1658.JPGIMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1658.JPG

IMG_1659.JPG

IMG_1682[1].JPG

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Great thing is my wife asked if I was going to put another tank down there with all the room on the other wall, we think alike I guess LOL Drywall should start monday.

Thats going to look awesome when all the drywall is up! Man Cave!

mswift

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2012
Denver
Wow that thing is AWESOME!!! I love L shaped tanks cant wait to see that thing all set up

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store