The Walking Dead

Clay

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2005
Chantilly, Va
It takes a lot of guts to put a bullet hole center mast on a 9yr old's forehead in the first 3 minutes of a series, even if she is a zombie. I was impressed by the opening episode. I liked the special effects, and that they didn't seem to be afraid to kill people err.... zombies or dismember a horse.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
KrackerJaxs;4600182; said:
It was an awesome opener, curious to see if they will touch on the fly's?
I dont think that Ive ever seen a zombie flick that had flies of that magnitude and it wasnt until I saw this that it dawned on me... Would be interesting to see if they have the flies as carriers! My brother just got out of 3D modeling and we talked for hrs. on this one.
Unless they stray a great deal from the source material then no they wont be doing anything like that.
The series focuses a lot more on the people and what they go through mentally to survive. In the 90 minutes of the first episode there were only two actual moments of danger from zombies. Thats how most of it will play out, tense but not constantly running around spraying gore everywhere. But there'll be plenty of gore too.

big E

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2005
the French Part of Compton
I watched it and thought it was good. Didnt expect much from a Zombie series on television,but I was pleasantly surprised. I havent read the Comic its based on,does anyone know how closely it followed the material? So far , so good and i'm gonna keep watching.

Thalan

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2008
jacksonville
big E;4603629; said:
I watched it and thought it was good. Didnt expect much from a Zombie series on television,but I was pleasantly surprised. I havent read the Comic its based on,does anyone know how closely it followed the material? So far , so good and i'm gonna keep watching.
Not that much actually happened so its hard to say it followed, but everything that happened in the show was at least mentioned in the books. This might not make sense for a few years but, I cant wait for the Governor!

If anyone is looking for more zombie goodness while waiting for the next episode. I just finished a BBC miniseries called Dead Set that was excellent. I found it on demand through IFC so check for it if you have cable.

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
I watched the pilot tonigh on AMCs website, it was GREAT! Wasnt the black guy with the son in Jericho? That was an AWESOME series that unfortunately got cancelled. :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store