Thinking about RBP's, just a couple questions...

F1 VET

THE serrasalmus rhom
MFK Member
Nov 3, 2011
INDY
+1 we're talking multi years before you'll reach 8 inches. Slightly overstock

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
Mine grew 6" in less then a year! But now theyve slowed down significantly, so the next 2" of growth will take 13 months??? Thats crazy atleast i can stop blowing so much cash on raw market shrimp/talapia, stuff gets expensive! And i dont even eat that good lol

Mine are starting to swim side to side and doing a weird dance then darting off, and its only 2 of them so im hoping it may be breeding soon, ive lowered temp to 74-75.

#1 S. Vettel

Nubster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2005
WV
Nice...good luck with that. So yeah, 4 six inch fish should be ok in a 75g tank, well filtered. I'm excited. Just need to start collecting the equipment and hopefully Petco will have a $1/gallon sale this spring/summer so I can get a couple more 20L's for my shrimp.

jp80911

Dovii
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2008
NJ
they do grow pretty fast until they reach around 6" or so (~1" a month), feeding, water quality, temperature, etc all have impact on growth speed.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Mine grew 6" in less then a year! But now theyve slowed down significantly, so the next 2" of growth will take 13 months??? Thats crazy atleast i can stop blowing so much cash on raw market shrimp/talapia, stuff gets expensive! And i dont even eat that good lol

Mine are starting to swim side to side and doing a weird dance then darting off, and its only 2 of them so im hoping it may be breeding soon, ive lowered temp to 74-75.

#1 S. Vettel
yeah, see what jp said, that's normal. not recommending it but i think you could get them 6 inches as long as feed with poor water quality within the first year

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store