What do you HATE that everybody else seems to LOVE in the hobby?

toddhgr

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2009
Western Massachusetts
I know people are gonna hate me for it but.... Tanks with twenty different ugly brown fish.
Tattooed or dyed fish
Plastic ornaments and plants
The fact that I live in the middle of nowhere and my LFS thinks that the only way to get African Cichlids is in an assorted African Mix.

notnew2dis

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2008
Miami, Florida
1) Small, peaceful fish. These are feeders, not pets.
2) Overpriced fish that have snob appeal.
3) People who think that their 40 Gallon Reef setup is worth $2,000 used. You are a sucker, live with it.

fishloaf666

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2009
mi
notnew2dis;3825507; said:
1)
3) People who think that their 40 Gallon Reef setup is worth $2,000 used. You are a sucker, live with it.

YA lol! or all the craigslisters that try to sell their 2 55 gallon setups with a few extras and a crappy iron stand for like 300 bucks

Cakilla

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2009
Illinois
I don't really hate anything but I dislike Flowhorns and most hybrids , fish that have a "kok" , People who think they are better then anyone else because they have more money , People that buy a fish just because its the kool thing right now and 6 months down teh road sell it because a new species is the cool thing, people who do not research a fish BEFORE they buy it, pet shops that lie to their customers about a fish species just to make a sale, people who Dis america, this list can go on and on.....

bob965

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2009
MI
Calling a nuchal hump a "KOK". Luckily, I've only encountered it on the internets. If I heard someone say it in person, I'd probly deliver a kokpunch.

Oh, and Glo-Fish.

dpk2313

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2009
ohio
irishfan;3825914; said:
haha this turned into "what do you hate about the hobby..and people in it"
I know its been running off topic since its started not that Im helping

EVAN YUNCK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2009
ALBANY NY
BAREBOTTOM TANKS, TANKS WITH NO DECOR,DATS,POLYS,PEOPLE ON HERE THAT INSULT U AND THINK THEY KNOW EVRY THING WHEN YOUR JUST DOING WHAT A FORUM IS FOR-GIVING YOUR OPINION.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store