Welcome to MonsterFishKeepers.com

The members of this forum have come together to share our knowledge and experiences of fish keeping. We want to answer your questions, offer advice and fill the galleries with pictures of the fish we have all grown to love.

We are a unique community of Fish Keepers who seriously take our hobby to extremes and the NEXT level. The majority of our fish collections include RARE & EXOTIC Species of all sizes, BIG FISH with BIG APPETITES and BIG TANKS. It's not easy for most people or other "regular" fish keepers to understand why we maintain this type of collection and spare no expense on this fascinating hobby.

Hopefully, through this site and discussion forums we can encourage the next generation of Monster Fish Keepers to have the same passion and love we have for the hobby and our Monster Fish .

As one of the founding members, I personally invite you to register and join us today. Currently you are viewing this site as our guest which only gives you limited access to view most discussions, articles and photo galleries.

Registration is FREE and very easy! When you register, you'll have instant access to....

• • Post and participate in discussions about your passion for fish keeping
  • • Have your own Photo Gallery and the ability to upload your images
  • • View and comment on the gallery
  • • Participate in MFK contests, promotions, and discounts
  • • Use of private messaging to communicate with other community members

• We're constantly striving to improve our community to help make your Monster Fish Keeping hobby fulfilling and interesting. Comments are welcome.

WE ARE MONSTER FISH KEEPERS!

-MFK STAFF

what happened to the show tanked

Discussion in 'General Aquaria Discussion' started by Nate Dogg, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg MFK Members

Apr 8, 2015
      like the title says what happened to the show tanked? was it canceled or what there aren't any reruns even on.

2. kamikaziechameleon

kamikaziechameleon MFK Members

Design
      Thursday at 7:54 PM
      good question!

3. cdubel01

cdubel01 MFK Members

Dec 28, 2011
      i have been wondering this also....can't find anything on Animal Planet either...

4. piranhalova666

piranhalova666 MFK Members

STUDENT
      Dec 22, 2014
      it tanked lol. I don't know about most people, but i didn't particularly like the show too much. 1. not into saltwater 2. they make rediculous tanks that no one would want (the phone booth tank) 3. apart from the actual building of the tanks, the show was scripted and bad.

on a side note i did like the one part of the show where they did african cichlids in a guys tank. but the tank was shaped like a barrel and the stand was made from kegs... IMO I'd rather set up a 300 with a piece of plywood on top of a few kegs and put that in my rec room

5. BlindSight

BlindSight MFK Members

Aug 21, 2012
    6. C L O W N K N I F E

C L O W N K N I F E MFK Members

Apr 30, 2014
      The first season ended, their coming out with a 2nd season in March 2012 :(

Show is awesome, they even sent me a pic of the crew and they all signed it :headbang2

7. Fishnthehood

Fishnthehood MFK Members

Banking
      Apr 1, 2015
      I don't get why people watch this show. The tanks are horrible and they mainly deal with saltwater. I tried to support the show but the writing and the need for comedy in every episode killed the show for me. If it does come back they should come back and set up tanks for hobbists who need better tanks. Kind of like the shows on the DIY network.

8. C L O W N K N I F E

Apr 30, 2014
      Hi BlindSight, no they do not just fill tanks up and add a ton of fish without any cycling or anything. They have to edit it out to make the show fit in a certain time frame; they're thinking about adding it though in season two :)

If your wondering how I know this, its because lots of people have asked them why they just add fish without cycling or anything and they respond back telling them they have to edit it out for the show. (On facebook, you can add them under "Acrylic Tank Manufacturing")

9. C L O W N K N I F E

Apr 30, 2014
      Agreed, but they must add some comedy in the show for the kids and also to get more viewers besides just adults :)

10. Ilovebrittani

Ilovebrittani MFK Members

busser
      Feb 9, 2012
      i loved the show, and was wondering the same thing too, i didnt get to see the last 2 episodes :(.