what should a zebra pleco cost?

Jc1119

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2010
Orlando fl
Riverwonders has some for $200 right now, but you gotta figure shipping too. $200 is a good price for a true L46. Be careful what stock you add them with though. The can get outcompeted for food by most fish, including other plecos. Best to buy a group and have a species tank or mix with other small peaceful loricariids.

bluetuna

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2011
hamilton
Saw one for the first time , at my lfs , wild was sold for $400!! couple month 's ago.
I say it was about 5"

thunderridge127

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2010
Cottonwood, Az.
It seems to me that true L46 seem to sell for about $100.00 an inch for unsexed Zebras. It is very hard to find mature female breeders & they will sell for whatever someone is willing to pay. They are available from time to time but at very high prices.:)

yayfish24

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2008
Lancaster PA
It seems to me that true L46 seem to sell for about $100.00 an inch for unsexed Zebras. It is very hard to find mature female breeders & they will sell for whatever someone is willing to pay. They are available from time to time but at very high prices.:)
Where have you seen this? Id like to look into them for that price.

DrownedFishonFire

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2008
200 is reasonable price to start with. And take a few of them too they're stunning in my tank. Im even dedicating a 29 g biocube for the 3 I have left for them to have their own spots however just have to get a stand and I'm all set. If you're looking at cool plecos at a small size compared to different common plecos or just don't want the norm BN - look for the L134- they're as cool looking too.

Cheers

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store