Who has other hobbies?

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
That's interesting to say the least. I never heard of a monitor dying from stress. My male savannah required welding gloves to move. He would be whipping and hissing a storm. Never had any health issues due to it. The female was docile as a puppy and she came with me everywhere that I could bring her. I use to go outside to hangout with friends and she would hang off the front of my shirt for hours not bothered by it. They were both nearing 3ft including tail

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
That's interesting to say the least. I never heard of a monitor dying from stress. My male savannah required welding gloves to move. He would be whipping and hissing a storm. Never had any health issues due to it. The female was docile as a puppy and she came with me everywhere that I could bring her. I use to go outside to hangout with friends and she would hang off the front of my shirt for hours not bothered by it. They were both nearing 3ft including tail

What happened to them, aren't they long lived reptiles

LukeOscar

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2013
ontario
What happened to them, aren't they long lived reptiles
I couldn't house them properly once they hit about 3ft so they were donated to a local shop that made a small exhibit for them at one of there locations.

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
Prior to MFK I traveled the country doing car audio competition at the highest level (DB Drag - also reason for my screen name) for almost 5 years. Ate, slept, dreamed, and breathed it. Get off work early on a Friday - head to springfield MO for shows on Friday night, another sat morn, Nixa sat nite, then jump on the road back to Omaha Neb for Sunday morning show. Spent so much on equipment, gas, and entry fees we either slept in our vehicles or with friends we made down there. They track points so you needed a certain amount to get an invite to world finals.

Had sponsorships from MTX, Soundstream, H-O- Alts, and T3 Audio.

In 2003 was the first Iowan to make brackets (top 8) at world finals. Following year missed the champion by 1.4 DB. Finally took the Championship in my class in 2006 and walked away due to being screwed by my sponsors......

After that focused on starting to collect rarer fish, by 09 was pretty deep. Lost several girlfriends in the process before meeting one that was down with the flat fish. Went next level for a few more years with the pinnacle being landing Falkneri here in the states. Well 2014 finally decided no more till the hard water issues are fixed.

Bought a 2004 SRT4 Neon last fall and have began ordering parts for it this month. Now I'm looking forward to embarrassing the crap out of some poor folks that simply can't understand technology has pushed V8s to the point of extinction. Have lots of friends that will be very sad when their old muscle car falls victim to a friggin skittle.

Check these out........ Makes me laugh every time!

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f31/1-2-mile-racing-gila-bend-arizona-720057/

That's right...... The new Hellcat falls victim to a lil corn fed NEON.......:ROFL: :ROFL: :cry:

Brucki

Gambusia
MFK Member
besides fishkeeping im out fishing, mountaineering,applefarming and MINI-ing

badassissimo

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Mansfield, Louisiana, U.S.A.
I agree with a few before... Too little time and money!

My main hobby is my family right now. Got the wife and two daughters: 3yr and 3 mo. 2)When I have some time or just need me time, I have an RC cruiser and try to battle it. Yes, battle. www.rcwarshipcombat.com/ if that interests you. 3)I'm a band director so I'm always playing, rehearsing, or writing something on all kinds of instruments for all kinds of interests. I'm currently trying to map out everything for a trombone choir recording of Sugar by Maroon 5. For work, the whole nine yards has to get done for my marching band. Arranging tunes off the drill, writing marching drill, and rewriting music for students to play at their level of performance. 4)I have always been fascinated by fish. I've had some oddballs and predators in the past as I've slowly realized how to own and operate an aquarium. I currently have a 30g with glo tetras, a leopard bush fish, and flying foxes for my daughter with a 125g aquarium waiting for me to get us a place it can go in without problems. We live in a trailer and I would hate for this thing to go through the floor... lol. Might be moving this summer though. 5) This may be my second biggest hobby: I watch a lot of youtube to learn how things work and study the above hobbies, career, or whatever is on my mind. Youtubing is a hobby of mine. 6) Maybe it's just a component of Youtubing but I like to figure out how things work or could work better. DIY and reverse engineering are two big past times of mine since before Youtube and even fish keeping, my children, my wife, the RC cruiser, even music when I started on trombone in the 6th grade. 8)Maybe it's a hobby but I have a military truck - m1009. Basically a chevy blazer with some muscle and a title. I like military in general and have enjoyed this truck off/on with me working on it. Sometimes I have money for parts and get it working. Other times, I surf this site: www.steelsoldiers.com/ 9)Scale modeling. The RC cruiser is a 1/144 scale model but I also have some other models I've built and am building when I think I have down time and want to work on them. My favorite outlet in this field right now is the Toothless Zombie Hunter fad for mix matching parts to make vehicles you would find in MAD MAX. Dr. Cranky's Laboratory on Youtube has been my inspiration ever since the windshield broke on the cadillac I was working on... https://www.youtube.com/user/damncranky666

Altogether, I have about 9 hobbies. They push and pull every which direction as time allows for them I feel I need to pump some more effort into them. From time to time, I become more interested in one than the other, family first of course, and will do a lot and then burn out I guess. Then I'll pick it up again another time after I run with the next hobby for awhile. Hope this is what we were all interested in reading.

Reactions: MrBlueDream

MrBlueDream

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 25, 2015
3rd rock
Hobbies have prevented me from owning a home lol

Aquariums
Knives (pocket fixed and kitchen)
Knife sharpening is a hobby in itself, most knife guys can't sharpen
Vape building
EDC hobby (not raving haha)
Coin collecting

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Prior to MFK I traveled the country doing car audio competition at the highest level (DB Drag - also reason for my screen name)
Bought a 2004 SRT4 Neon last fall and have began ordering parts for it this month. Now I'm looking forward to embarrassing the crap out of some poor folks that simply can't understand technology has pushed V8s to the point of extinction. Have lots of friends that will be very sad when their old muscle car falls victim to a friggin skittle.

Check these out........ Makes me laugh every time!

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f31/1-2-mile-racing-gila-bend-arizona-720057/

That's right...... The new Hellcat falls victim to a lil corn fed NEON.......:ROFL: :ROFL: :cry:
.....and to think all this time I thought your screen name referred to dirtbikes lol.
I don't see many SRT Neons around here but that might be because I don't give any neons that I do see a second look when one rolls by...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store