why can't i have an aro group

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Yeah Scott.. all the best mate..
thanks kaya. i'll post up some pics when i get them.

that tank doesn't look the same with out aros in it.

the catfish are all holding steady, but not in a good way. the fleash has slowed to stoped on what seems like "live rotting". they all seem very weak, but they are all resting on the bottom so hopefully they will pull through.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
if pesticide got on your cleaning hose, then it would've been all the tanks you DID clean that had dead fish, right?
I kinda hate to ask, but how old is your brother who didn't wake you? Could he (or some other kid) have put something in the tank...accidentally..? Seems like only a real young kid would not have known to wake you.. Did you inquire about tampering, spills, etc. Kids might hope their brother would sleep for DAaays, rather than wake up to discover dead aros, especially if the kid felt bad. Those fish look like exposure to something caustic, toxins, etc with it happening THAT fast. Did you find out if an adjacent apt got sprayed?

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
what a disaster, i feel bad for you. I could just imagine how i would feel if i lost my only aro.
I hope you get to the bottom of this but im guessing you are as close to knowing what happened as you will ever be

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
thats what i was thinking, but all the other tanks are fine so it didn't make sense. also if it was pesticide i was thinking that the tank would have been still contaminated from it and the gars as well as the other fish i put in after would have been affected. i just did a wc no extra cleaning. no other fish are showing signs. just the dead aros and catfish. my achara cat that i moved into the 180gal doesn't show any signs. though the niger and smaller tsn didn't show any signs at first now show some signs now. they got more noticeable over night.

my brother is 20 and my daughter is 7. they both would have told me if they did something. my brother has no idea why he didn't wake me up.

the only thing that was close to the tank was a bounce dryer sheet. i have not found a dryer sheet in the tank. if it got sucked into a canaster then i may not know till i clean them. i would think if one did end up in the tank it would still be effecting the fish inside since i have not taken one out of the tank(if one in fact was in there). i can't find out if they sprayed any other apt or not or if they sprayed mine. this tank is right by the door so if they sprayed the door then it could have been over spray. the thing with that though is that they came on monday or tuesday for inspections/treatments whith how fast it was acting now i would think it would have hit sooner.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
what a disaster, i feel bad for you. I could just imagine how i would feel if i lost my only aro.
I hope you get to the bottom of this but im guessing you are as close to knowing what happened as you will ever be
thanks, the only way i think i will get any closer is if i find a dryer sheet in a filter like i mentioned in the above post as a possibility. though i think it would have clogged the filter if one did get in there. or if an aro ate it or the tsn ate it. i doubt that, but no way of knowing since i didn't do an autopsy.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Are there medical laboratories, like dog veterinarians use, where a biopsy of damaged tissue could be sent for analysis?
One of my dogs developed radically inflamed & sloughing off of mouth tissues & I had no idea of the cause. The lab determined it was NOT caused by external toxic exposure. It didn't even cost much.

That level of fish loss would be awful. Replacing them with no answers would be nerve-wracking.
I'm sure there are differing tolerance levels to many kinds of toxins... Slow vs fast reactions may not be a huge clue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store