Wolf fish other food he can eat?

Joecool44

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2015
New Jersey
Ok so I'm running low on feeders and was wondering what else will it eat I have so hikari carni and beef heart but I don't think he will go for tht stuff. I tried giving him blood worms and he didn't eat it and all it did was name a mess in the tank which sucks cause anyone who owns a wolf fish knows tht ur hand shouldn't be in the tank lol

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
starve him a few days, try prepped food like tilapia or salmon. If you can't get that right now, use that beef heart and get him taking something other than live.

GreenTerror7

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2011
So cal/ LAX
I got my wolf off live food by tying earthworms to fishing line and wiggling in front of his face. Then I cut the worms and stuffed then with broken up carnivore pellets (this is difficult and kinda gross) and tied it to the fishing line. Eventually the wolf started to realize that the fishing line was associated with food and would eat anything on the fishing line so I started tying carnivore pellets to the line. And of course, he ate it. In my experience it's not that they are picky eaters, it's that they need to have something to show them that pellets are food too

Reactions: Blackumbi

Bad Wolf

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
New Jersey
I had a wolfish at one point. Pellets/Frozen are the way to go.

reddead38

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 13, 2013
USA
Just hand feed him its no big deal :) I hand fed all my wolves and they never just bit me.. Unless I wanted them too

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I guess I'm lucky or my wolf just a nasty eater. I used to fed my wolf exclusively live feeder from baby 1.5 inch to 6 inches and 1 day I just throw a frozen melt at schedule feeding time and it just took it right a way after that I stopped feed it live feeders, now its eat whatever hit the water :) and my wolf won't hesitate taking food off my hand...it's bite extremely fast and strong and kinda make me nervous though...I might get a bite mark from it someday...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store