Yep, eviction

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
Yeah, some of the rules I love.... they keep the neighborhood looking nice and keep the trash out.
No dishes on the front of the house works for me... keep the street sides looking clean. Not parking outside is hit and miss for me. I see what they are doing... keeping people from owning a ton of cars and parking them outside. We also have rules about clutter in the front yards, non-running vehicles getting towed (so junkers are sitting there rusting away), keeping your grass mowed, no loud parties etc... From my experience, the HOA is always willing to work with you if you talk to them about things. (IE: You want to have a superbowl party and lots of people will be parking on the street. If you tell them in advance, they'll help you out and approve it all with parking passes etc... If you just do it and they find out, they'll tow each and every car and send you the bill.)

The reality is HOAs are usually trying to keep all included/surrounding property values high. If you are a homeowner, it usually work FOR you if you are ok with the rules. Imagine having a really nice house, then not being able to sell it for it's full value because the surrounding places are trashed out and making it look ghetto.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
No dishes on the front of the house works for me...
The reality is HOAs are usually trying to keep all included/surrounding property values high. If you are a homeowner, it usually work FOR you if you are ok with the rules. Imagine having a really nice house, then not being able to sell it for it's full value because the surrounding places are trashed out and making it look ghetto.
You couldn't have made it any more clear than that as that is kind of how it is with a few of my neighbors now..One govt. subsidized section 8 rental house on the block and the renters are a bunch of park apes....

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Regalblue

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2010
MI.
No pickup trucks is one of this places rules. But, they hand out exemptions easily.( From what I hear)

Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
Shortly before we tried selling our last house we got some new neighbors. Well their parents bought them a house because their trailer got repossessed. Needless to say it caused us some delays in selling our home when the next door neighbors had two non-running cars out front, only mowed their lawn once a month, were always outside half naked drinking their generic brand tallboys, and of course the kicker...a toilet, yes you heard me a toilet on the side of their house-the one that faced ours. I wish we would have had a homeowners association to have prevented this from happening.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store