can i feed my bearded dragon moths from outside?

wolfcichild027

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
maryland
the other night i had rex ( the bearded dragon ) out on the coffee table under the lamp a moth got in flew around the lamp and he jumped up and snapped it up in the air he seemed to enjoy it but can i give him more i know lightining bugs will kill him but will moths?

also whats the growth rate on them hes about a year old and about a foot long

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I have never had a problem with them and they are my Tokays favorite food.

elevatethis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2005
Richmond, VA
So long as you are completely sure that you or anyone around you are using any kind of pesticides in the surrounding area, I would say yes, with caution though. The problem with feeding them that stuff is that you have no idea whether they are healthy or are carrying any kind of other parasites that might be harmful to your dragon.

wolfcichild027

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
maryland
bump and added questions davo what do you mean by organic? and whats the growth rate on dragons mines a year old and about a foot long is this normal

wild caught

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2006
illinois
they breed crickets parasite free, poison free, gutloaded just for your pet dragon. id just stick with thoose and not risk it. i used to find tree frogs from outside and feed them bugs from outside. lol they all came from the same place anyway.

thats about right for length. he could probly be bigger at that age tho, nothin to be alarmed about.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store