Official Gun Lovers Thread!!!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
Hey MFK! Finally, after several months of waiting for parts to come in my new project is done!!!! For those who are wondering, its a .223/5.56 AR-15/M4. Total spent on the gun was about $1,400. Details of the parts are as follows:

- Spike's Tactical lower receiver w/ Punisher skull etching
- CMMG upper, mid length gas system, 16" chrome lined barrel
- CMMG lower parts kit
- RRA 2 stage trigger
- Bullet Button (for Kalifornia)
- Badger Ordinance Tac-latch
- YHM 5M1 muzzle brake
- YHM free float picatinny rail hand guard
- A.R.M.S. #40L flip up BUIS (back-up iron sight)
- Vltor Clubfoot collapsible buttstock
- Extended take-down pin
- CAA UPG16 pistol grip
- Stag Arms 10/30 magazine
- CAA flashlight grip adaptor
- Surefire G2 flashlight

Now its ready to shoot so I can sight it in. Let me know what you all think! Oh, and please dont derail my thread if you dont like guns, thanks! :cheers:

dragonfish

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2006
Florida
That is a beautiful piece of firepower man. Almost too nice to fire, almost.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
thanks! the reason it legal is because of the Bullet Button. you cant drop the mag with your finger, you need a tool like a bullet tip, pen, screwdriver etc. according to PC 12276.1, this rifle is not considered an assault weapon because it requires a tool to drop the mag.

its one lovely loophole!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
For reference, this is what the penal code says:

"12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip."

And here's the definition of a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE per CCR 978.20:

"The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(a) “detachable magazine” means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine."

AttackFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 10, 2007
Torrance
jcardona1;1762759; said:
For reference, this is what the penal code says:

"12276.1. (a) Notwithstanding Section 12276, "assault weapon" shall also mean any of the following:
(1) A semiautomatic, centerfire rifle that has the capacity to accept a detachable magazine and any one of the following:
(A) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon.
(B) A thumbhole stock.
(C) A folding or telescoping stock.
(D) A grenade launcher or flare launcher.
(E) A flash suppressor.
(F) A forward pistol grip."

And here's the definition of a DETACHABLE MAGAZINE per CCR 978.20:

"The following definitions apply to terms used in the identification of assault weapons pursuant to Penal Code section 12276.1:

(a) “detachable magazine” means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine."

Cool I didnt know that.
My dad lives in cali and was complaining about how you have to have "sporting" stocks and stuff like that to make them legal.

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
AttackFish;1762764;1762764 said:
Cool I didnt know that.
My dad lives in cali and was complaining about how you have to have "sporting" stocks and stuff like that to make them legal.
Yeah the thing is a lot of people dont know that either, not even law enforcement. My cousin works for the CA highway patrol and he had no clue what i was talking about. He said if he caught anybody with a gun like this they were going to jail. I started explaining the penal code to him and he said he would just call his sergeant if somebody starting reciting the penal code to him! lol

but yes, you do run a risk by building this in CA. i spent about a month reading the laws before i even decided to build one. afterall, its up to ME to be able to explain to a cop why this gun is legal. if i didnt know how to explain it, there's a good chance i might end up in jail. I have the penal code memorized by now!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store