How long to wait after water conditioner is added?

spongebob281

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2009
houston
Do i have to wait a few hours to let it do its job? I did a 50 % water change last nite and i didnt have enough water conditioners. Some of my fish died so i put them in another established tank for the time being. Can i put them back to where they were or do i have to wait a day or so thanks. BTW i bought a bottle of API water conditioner

sizors

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Orlando / Casselberry FL
i add the conditioner to the tank before i start refilling. for conditioner, i use prime.

oscarcrazy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2008
Houston, TX/Juneau, AK
Your fish died during a water change? Lots of people don't even use water conditioners without issues. Kinda wonder what else was going on. But yeah, 24 hours you will be fine. Also, exposer to air, like spraying it into the tank will help.

pupumole

In Loving Memory
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2007
sfbay
i add amquel+ AFTER i fill up my tank with hose ._. cuz i feel like if i add it before, its just gonna deal with watever chemical thats in the tank before the new water goes in, and it would have no effect to the new water since the conditioner is already "used" o.o dunno if tis is bad, but o well, seems to be working fine.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I've used API Tapwater Conditioner for years.I simply add the ammount that the directions suggest and the water is safe for my fish almost instantly.Was there a difference in temperature with the incoming water?That could have played a part in your fish deaths.

BadOleRoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Virginia
spongebob281;3788748; said:
Do i have to wait a few hours to let it do its job? I did a 50 % water change last nite and i didnt have enough water conditioners. Some of my fish died so i put them in another established tank for the time being. Can i put them back to where they were or do i have to wait a day or so thanks. BTW i bought a bottle of API water conditioner
Maybe I am reading this wrong. Some fish died, so you moved them to an established tank, and now you are going to move the dead fish back? :screwy:

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
BadOleRoss;3791731; said:
Maybe I am reading this wrong. Some fish died, so you moved them to an established tank, and now you are going to move the dead fish back? :screwy:
LOL I'm almost certain that he was talking about the surviving fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store