Can u melt fools gold into a shape u want?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
There's a reason you don't see pyrite jewelry. Pyrite doesn't melt when heated. Heating will cause pyrite to give off it's sulphur content leaving a pyrite pseudomorph called pyrrhotite behind. Continued heating causes the iron content to oxidize (rust).

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
I kno am not sounding clear here but what if I got a metal pole cut it and then get a nail really hot and incrave a sentence on the metal pole/ring.... But more
Importantly are there any poles that are just enough to fit around your finger? Again sorry of this sounds confusing

Twofish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2010
Texas
I dont think you could do this with a kitchen stove. i think you need higher temperatures and they have special heating devices for this stuff. plus when the metal is heated it is dangerous before it cools so you would probably also need something special to hold it. picture the blacksmiths from the movies when they are making things. they use special torches and tongs and protective eye wear. the eye wear is so important because heated metals can give off sparks or metal shavings also possibly if you are engraving them. i feel that you have an idea in mind you are trying tomake and i admire your creativity. unfortunately i think its gonna be a little bit complicated.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
Ohhh ok thanks didn't know u neededthat much stuff hmmm maybe something store bought then lol and try to ingrave something on that this is gna be harder then I thought

Ancient_Fish_Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2010
Las Vegas
Oddball;4538107; said:
There's a reason you don't see pyrite jewelry. Pyrite doesn't melt when heated. Heating will cause pyrite to give off it's sulphur content leaving a pyrite pseudomorph called pyrrhotite behind. Continued heating causes the iron content to oxidize (rust).
dang oddball you could of just said no lol

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Really the only thing you could do is melt aluminum. But you will need a blast forge and also casting is a major pain in the but. With all the time you would put into making the forge the ring and then the grinding and polishing you could have gotten a job to buy a ring.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store