How to STOP FROGS COMING IN TO MY POND

Mayuka

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2010
Colombo
i have a major problem with TADS AND Frogs in my pond.
and i lost lot of my fish because of this :( :irked: :irked::cry:
if any one have idea to avoid them coming to my pond..

please help me with this, i lost ma half of monsters with poison i guess.
:)

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
a low electric fence?

GolemGolem

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2010
AR
Pretty tough, I have frogs in my back yard all during spring, and the only thing that helps are snakes, and drought. Maybe, if possible a tight cover for your pond, and then net out and kill any tadpoles/frogs. At least you don't have racoons?

Cookie*

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Northern NJ
mocoloco.com
How big is the pond? What fish are stocked in it? My first thoughts are- I would screen it over if you are able to. Some kind of screen material that doesn't allow anything under 1/4"-1/2" through. Get some stock that will eat off what is in the pond already.

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
How do the frogs hurt the fish?

I would give the frogs a better alternative nearby. Build a small muddy pond and make it frog friendly, in time they will all migrate there.

viewofthebay

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 24, 2009
In The Cave...USA
If you have a pond that can house larger kois, they will limit the frogs in your pond. The larger kois are always hungry and will eat most of the tadpole and froglets. Frogs in your pond are usually seasonal. They like to bred in fish pond because it is a safe haven compared to the creek or moving water. If you have larger kois, that will create an environment that is not favorable for a frog breeding ground. Good Luck.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Oscarum monstruoso;4727073; said:
How do the frogs hurt the fish?
Im assuming those frogs are poisonous since OP states he lost his fishes

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store