Expired food?

dasani

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
canada
My LFS was selling a whole box load of expired dainichi for $2 each for any size. The expiry date listed 12/2011 so 2 months old. I bought a med bag of ultimate krill, veggie, and xl pro. The price was too good to pass up and only $6. Anyone feed off dated food? Did it give the fish the ****s?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

dasani

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
canada
Anyone? My fish seem to enjoy it.

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
I don't feed it on purpose plus my fish eat it before it can expire. It should be fine. I don't see anything wrong with it. Does it smell like normal and does it taste like normal (please let the fish tell you the last one). My logic is I have been eating expired food (people food) since I was little and i'm ok.

h1n1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 14, 2011
N/A
I'm pretty sure thats illegal. And I'm pretty sure the the fish food company can sue the store for selling there expired product bc the company is at fault If it kills ur fish. As VERY unlikely anything with go wrong I'm just talkin in technicals

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

TheRussian

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 17, 2010
Long Island
www.facebook.com
The company wouldn't be liable for your fish because the food is expired but the store would be if they blatantly sold the food on sale because it was expired

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

KristaM92

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2011
Wausau, WI
That's funny because I just bought some Massivore from an online dealer and it was expired as well. However, I was not aware of this when I purchased it. I'm not sure if the strong smell coming from the bag is normal because I've never bought massivore before. It doesn't look rotten but if it's anything like dog food, it would have lost its nutritional benefits in June of 2011. lol

aclockworkorange

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2010
Rose City
That's funny because I just bought some Massivore from an online dealer and it was expired as well. However, I was not aware of this when I purchased it. I'm not sure if the strong smell coming from the bag is normal because I've never bought massivore before. It doesn't look rotten but if it's anything like dog food, it would have lost its nutritional benefits in June of 2011. lol
Well, the smell is normal, I can tell you that much.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

dasani

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
canada
Thanks for the replies. It doesnt smell bad at all, the lfs had a big sign on the shelf saying "off date dainichi food 2.99 any size". So far my geos, keyholes, sarpaes, cl, festivum, and brochis love the ultima krill.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
Keep it in the freezer to extend it's lifespan. It might not have any vitamin C or other fragile vitamins left, but it's still calories and minerals, and as long as you have fresh food, too, it's fine to use older food as part of the diet.

Red Devil

Nice to meet you and welcome to MFK
Staff member
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
United states of America
let them know.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store