ZOO MED AQUASUN LED HO INFO NEEDED

Spicoli

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
Hey

I'm looking at buying one of the new led lights you guys offer. The 48 inch specificly, can you post a pic of the light on a four foot tank? Maybe a comparison shot between your T5HO and the LEDHO?

Spicoli

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
Hey

I'm looking at buying one of the new led lights you guys offer. The 48 inch specificly, can you post a pic of the light on a four foot tank? Maybe a comparison shot between your T5HO and the LEDHO?
Well I went ahead and bought one,

I can say i'm not impressed with the light it gives off. I'd almost need 2 fixtures to cover and 18 inch deep tank. 0 spread on the light beam. Basically all little spotlights.

using the 4 footer on a 5 foot tank leaves VERY noticable dark spots lots of them.

I have This on a 120 xh marineland tank. There is about 2/3 of the tank lit up the rest is dark.

Bottom Line,

Try Something Else. Will post pics soon.

My 4 foot single bulb fluorescent fixture provides better lighting. Yeah I said that.

Avoid the lights if possible. Not worth the money

Forgot to add, the extendable legs are so flimsy the light sits on the glass of my tank if i have the legs extended because they bend so bad.

Eyebedam

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2013
Makin a Poo
I guess you were hoping for a comment from the zoo med folks?
i bet if you had the lig hanging above your tank instead of right on top of it
you would have a brighter, more spread out look like you are wanting

Spicoli

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2013
a
I will try hanging the light but i only have 6 -8 inches above the tank till the ceiliing.

I originally had posted in hopes zoomed would respond about the lights but i just bought one when i never got a response. I wasn't overly happy with the light so i figured I'd share that displeasure.

Cheers

Vaelin

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2011
Alaska
Wow, that's extremely dark, i'm glad I found this post before buying new lights. It looks like it would be good for a decorative style theme tank but that's about it.
Thanks for posting your pictures, they're very helpful! Also, sorry about the lighting, massive bummer.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store