360g Sunfish setup

wcgunns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
DFW, Texas
The set up is a 2" tubular steel stand 40" tall and the aquarium is 48"Lx48"Wx36"T
Plan on 2-3 large flagstone pieces and filled in with a gravel/sand mixture. A big driftwood center piece and maybe native plants. I'm on the fence of doing a mixture of fish or just have it full of longears.

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
The set up is a 2" tubular steel stand 40" tall and the aquarium is 48"Lx48"Wx36"T
Plan on 2-3 large flagstone pieces and filled in with a gravel/sand mixture. A big driftwood center piece and maybe native plants. I'm on the fence of doing a mixture of fish or just have it full of longears.
Personally I like a mixture but it's your tank so do what you want! Lol

Anthony Nolet

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2012
Oregon
I want to grow greens out but I can't find any! I've never caught one in ANY body of water around me lol
I pressed the wrong button lol but I found one like 3 years ago and had it for awhile until something happened idk that's not the point. Then I didn't see one until this summer and now they're all over the place! So maybe they'll just show up some day or you could go on a seek and capture mission lol

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I pressed the wrong button lol but I found one like 3 years ago and had it for awhile until something happened idk that's not the point. Then I didn't see one until this summer and now they're all over the place! So maybe they'll just show up some day or you could go on a seek and capture mission lol
I'm going to have to go on a mission haha, I've never seen one in any lakes around me at all or anything

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I'd take stunted ones! I can at least start them on the right track lol

wcgunns

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2010
DFW, Texas
What do you all think would be a total number is sunfish for this setup? I had a variety of 11 adults in my old 450g 8' tank.

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
The green sunnies look good, definitely should get some! I caught these in Oklahoma on a Strike King "Bitsy Minnow". Theyre $5 at walmart, try flicking one around a bit and you're bound to get something.

Reactions: warmouth
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store