ID Please

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It does look like Serrasalmus Elongatus, the only odd thing is the eyes. I owned couple Elongatus before and all of them are red eyes. Lets see what other members opinion :p
*You feeding it those tetras? :rolleyes:

HoBoJoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
DE
The tetras will end up being a meal for sure, the only fish I took out of the tank before putting the P in was an electric blue dempsey. The interesting part was yesterday they were all swimming together in a group, like he was just one of the guys. I added a handful of guppies when I put him in, all the tetras went after them.

The other piranhas that came in as elongatus looked more like rhoms to me, but they were VERY mean for 1.5-2" fish. Then again the LFS rarely has baby rhoms so it's hard for me to gauge their aggression at that size.

HoBoJoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
DE
Also, he likes flake food like no other baby P I've had. I see him chase his guppies, but when it's flake time he chases them away to get to it.

HoBoJoe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
DE
Thanks for the input, the bigger he gets the less I believe he's an Elongatus. He's not skittish the way that most small rhoms are, his behavior is between my adult rhom that used to attack the glass and the caribe I had that was very "social". I'm not very familiar with the S. Sanchezi, I'll have to look up pics on them.

I keep trying to get a better pic, but taking aquarium pics with a phone seems to be useless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store