Back With a Vengenge (Aro advice)

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
Hey guys

Its been a while. Closed down most my tanks to finish university. Now im crawling back into the hobby. I need some advice regarding A Saratoga Jardini.

Very hard to come by quality fish in Aus...recently found a seller with 10cm jardini leichardi. Curious on if i can grow one out before i upgrade. I have money to upgrade but moving in a years time. Is it possible and any tips would be helpful. PS I know a 60 gallon is no permanent home for an aro. Thanks guys.

- Currently i have a 60 gallon 4ft by 1.2ft.

- stock is 5 tiger plecos 8cm with tons of caves

- 1 10cm frontosa (long story)

- Fluval 305 filtration

dudefish82

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 11, 2013
?
Yeah you might be able to get away with it. Whereabouts are you in AUS i have been in Melbourne for 3 years and fish there were very expensive. Is the fish your getting a jardini or leichardti cause if its a jardini they are very aggressive and kill most of its tankmates.;)

Anyways good luck with your fish..

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
I think you'll be OK for a year but after that it's pushing it tbh , as for tankmates its always a gamble but if its a jar or lei it'll fight with the frontosa (you may have half a chance with a lei as less aggressive but then your risking the front taking its tail off ) basically if it was me I'd loose the frontosa so theres no gamble plus in six months it'll be cramped enough in your existing tank

Jay88

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2010
Australia
I think you'll be OK for a year but after that it's pushing it tbh , as for tankmates its always a gamble but if its a jar or lei it'll fight with the frontosa (you may have half a chance with a lei as less aggressive but then your risking the front taking its tail off ) basically if it was me I'd loose the frontosa so theres no gamble plus in six months it'll be cramped enough in your existing tank
Would the bottom feeders be ok? They only grow to 12cm at most. For a year at most i mean.

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Anything with a jardini is always a gamble there so unpredictable with aggression , but all of mine haven't been to bad with bottom dwellers occasionally nips but no deaths to plecs or cats (as long as there not edible size)
One of mine did eat a small rtc once , my fault it was too small :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store