New Jardini. Odd color?

jordanroda

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
I Love L.A.
My last Jardini only ate 3 Electric Yellow, 1 Desmoni, & tried to eat 2 petricola...
This is when he got to 7 inches...:D

Ps. SilverArowana's are nice...

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Light substate and lots of light will result in lighter fish, most fish have the ability to change colour somewhat, I'll bet id you were to put it in a tank with dark substrate and muted light the fish would look completely different (darker).
With regards to keeping it with your africans, isn't the pH too high for a Jar?

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
My pH is testing at right around 7.8, which is kinda of surprising considering how much driftwood is in the tank.

Today I'm seeing a tad more color come out. It's turning a slightly green color, and isn't as platinum looking as it was yesterday. I'll post some pics of what it looks like today

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
If I start to see things taking a turn for the worse, I'll just have to set up my 75g and move the smaller cichlids over there. There's only like 18 africans, so they'll fit pretty snug in there if I end up having to go that route

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Looks like it is just a light coloured fish, but with a light coloured substrait it will be light tank treated, and probably stay light coloured.

As for the africans it is the golden rule in fish keeping "If it can fit in there mouth it will get eaten", and those africans will fit in the Jardini's mouth sooner or later.

charles-n-charge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Livingston Tx
More color today. Still pretty dull, but more green and gold is slowly coming out.

Also, I haven't seen any aggression yet, but he has followed a couple fish around, kinda checking them out. So on my next day off, I will start setting up my 75g to move some of the smaller cichlids to. I'll try to have the smaller guys out within the next week or so.
He did start to eat a little bit today for the first time though. He seems unsure about dry food, but he took a couple bites of Hikari Jumbo Carnisticks, so that's a good sign. Hopefully he starts eating more in the next few days

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
Sounds like hes settling in ok , good news on the carni sticks keep trying him he'll eat when hes hungry (once he starts on those sticks he won't stop there like jardini crack lol )

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
cool looking jar mate, he will be a killer in no time!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store