7500 GALLON SHARK TANK FOR MY NEW HOME

Zoodiver

As seen on TV
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2005
South FL
White tip reef sharks would thrive in a tank like that. Aggression and hunting can be handled by proper feeding methods. I have kept the with schools of fish without issues.

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
Thank you for the great feedback with regards to species and filler fish. As promised, I will be posting the technical specs of the whole system soon. Meanwhile, I just received the mockup (model) design of the aquarium. Let me know what you guys think of the design!!6.jpg 7.jpg

1.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg

TNTtropical

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2013
ABC
I agree with Zoodiver that tank size would work great for White tips and they can co-exist with other tank mates as long as they are fed well! Japanese leopards would be a good shark for this tank as well and could hold their own as long as they are slightly bigger than the whitetips. Keep in mind Zebras will outgrow that tank and BTR would get too big most likely, If you could make the tank a few feet wider than you might be able to keep BTR in there for life.

kerimo

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2013
Istanbul
I'm considering putting in a couple of White tips upon the recommendation of experts on this site. I will also put a Japanese Leopard Shark in there. As for the BTRs, I have good connections with the local zoo and aquariums and I was told they would gladly accept a donation as long as the fish is healthy and I give them a heads-up 6 months before the re-homing as they apparently have quotas as to how many fish they can house within each of their aquariums. Does this make sense?
After a long research, I have created a list of all the potential species that could go well in the aquarium, I will share this with you after I check their availability.
With regards to TNTtropical's comments to widen the tank, I would have loved to but this is the maximum size tank I can place into the designated area of the house. The acrylic has already been built (CLAX Italia) and is now being water tested.
I would love to hear more on what you guys think about the design though...

SimpleLogic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2015
I'm considering putting in a couple of White tips upon the recommendation of experts on this site. I will also put a Japanese Leopard Shark in there. As for the BTRs, I have good connections with the local zoo and aquariums and I was told they would gladly accept a donation as long as the fish is healthy and I give them a heads-up 6 months before the re-homing as they apparently have quotas as to how many fish they can house within each of their aquariums. Does this make sense?
After a long research, I have created a list of all the potential species that could go well in the aquarium, I will share this with you after I check their availability.
With regards to TNTtropical's comments to widen the tank, I would have loved to but this is the maximum size tank I can place into the designated area of the house. The acrylic has already been built (CLAX Italia) and is now being water tested.
I would love to hear more on what you guys think about the design though...
so the theme is like a wine shop ?

Ppoeschl

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2014
Panama City Beach
Bonnets will outgrow the tank and are difficult to move. I would also not suggest the sharpnose due to it needing unobstructed swimming space and a much larger system or it rubs its nose raw.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store