Enron 2262 or FX6

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
I have a maintenance free tank, currently running Eheim 2262's, I never have to water change(through the research on media and denitrification methods), I have zero across the board with liquid tests, videos can be provided....

I'm getting sick of my 2262, it's very loud, I've never owned a fluval and am wondering if investing the $600 would be worth it...

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
This is not a thread about my maintenance free tank, but about the filter.... If people want to know how I achieved a zero water change tank pm me and I'll start a new thread....

impala

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2009
Toronto Canada
This is not a thread about my maintenance free tank, but about the filter.... If people want to know how I achieved a zero water change tank pm me and I'll start a new thread....
Surprised to hear your 2262 is loud, bought mine in 2012 and it's been running silent although I don't bother with the top cover.

I'm so happy with it I plan to purchase a second 2262 soon and expect it will run as silent as the first.

4D3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2013
Australia
Surprised to hear your 2262 is loud, bought mine in 2012 and it's been running silent although I don't bother with the top cover.

I'm so happy with it I plan to purchase a second 2262 soon and expect it will run as silent as the first.
I have no to cover, it is about as loud as the dehumidifier... But a deeper sound.

If I turn everything off in the lounge, the 2262 is the most noticeable sounds, out shadowing the dehumidifier, which in itself is loud!!

I love the filter, I just hate the noise... I can hear it in my bedroom with the door shut!!

Also I own 2 2262 and they are both as loud as each other!!

Last edited:

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
If 2262 is load just unscrew pump and put ruber betven canister and pump. It's almost must have mod. Mine is quied now. I'm using nano pad.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I had a fx5 and moved to 2 AC110s. The FX will hold a lot less bio than the eheim unless you remove all the sponges which means lots of dirty bio. I changed because I just hated the maintenance of opening it. I always spilt water and the fastners always cracked. Some things to consider are:
- eheim's motor is on the top. If you have sandsubtrate this could be big to you
- eheim hold more bio
- inline heater on fx can be a pain because of 1in mod
- fx does not have a spray bar but you can mod one if you are handy

raubiy

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2015
♛ Slovenija ♛
Nano pad is ruber that can hold your smart phone in car. :) But just regular ruber also work fine.
This white thing under phone. KILLER ANTI-VIBRATION :D
Pic is from google.
anti_slip_sticky_nano_pad_cell_phone_holder.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4D3
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store