Reactions: Oxymus

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Very nice. I've always liked the idea of doing a monster fish with little tiny community fish. I'm sure a few will disappear over time, but it always looks cool to me when you can pull that off.

Reactions: dljdm

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Nice wolf but I'm not fan of bare tank :p
My Aimara doesn't bother fishes that too small to eat lol I thought it would eat all my corydoras and octocinlus but its just leave them alone, he ate all the clown loaches (4~5 inches) though.

Reactions: Oxymus

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Great fish, how big? How long you had it? Ever try larger tankmates

dljdm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2013
Philippines
Very nice. I've always liked the idea of doing a monster fish with little tiny community fish. I'm sure a few will disappear over time, but it always looks cool to me when you can pull that off.
Last time i put 15 bucktooth tetra, it lasted for 2 months.. Hopefully this time, will last atleast 3 or 4 months.. I still see my aimara play with them every now and then.. By playing, i mean munching on them.. LOL

dljdm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2013
Philippines
Nice wolf but I'm not fan of bare tank :p
My Aimara doesn't bother fishes that too small to eat lol I thought it would eat all my corydoras and octocinlus but its just leave them alone, he ate all the clown loaches (4~5 inches) though.
Dont want my aimara to have injury or get wounded thats why i decided to make it like this..

My aimara is crazy, he likes to bully even the small fish.. I used to have 15 bucktooth tetra, he ate them all.. Now neon tetra, started with 500 pcs, i think now about 300++ pcs left.. 15 chinese algae eater now left 4 pcs.. And about 20 local pleco, some he ate some he killed.. Crazy, right!? LOL

Reactions: Yuki Rihwa

dljdm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2013
Philippines
Great fish, how big? How long you had it? Ever try larger tankmates
He is now 22"..

Never tried putting large tankmates, actually i sold all of my fish bec of my aimara, bec im sure he will just kill them all.. LOL

This are my fish before my aimara..

Reactions: Monstercarnivore

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Dont want my aimara to have injury or get wounded thats why i decided to make it like this..

My aimara is crazy, he likes to bully even the small fish.. I used to have 15 bucktooth tetra, he ate them all.. Now neon tetra, started with 500 pcs, i think now about 300++ pcs left.. 15 chinese algae eater now left 4 pcs.. And about 20 local pleco, some he ate some he killed.. Crazy, right!? LOL
hahaha it does! Bucktooth Tetra aka Exodon Paradoxus is way too big too for an Aimara to ignore, those shiny color 4 inches (max size) fatty will become food/snack sometimes :p
*My sister got a tank full of exodons and I did a test...I took a bunch of them and put them in a bag and then place them in my tank, my hoplias went after them right a way and try to bite through the bag to get them...I put those exodons back where they're belong lol.

Reactions: Oxymus and dljdm

dljdm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2013
Philippines
hahaha it does! Bucktooth Tetra aka Exodon Paradoxus is way too big too for an Aimara to ignore, those shiny color 4 inches (max size) fatty will become food/snack sometimes :p
*My sister got a tank full of exodons and I did a test...I took a bunch of them and put them in a bag and then place them in my tank, my hoplias went after them right a way and try to bite through the bag to get them...I put those exodons back where they're belong lol.
Yeah! Maybe my aimara just dont like being acompanied.. Hehehe.. Well, thats why we love this beast! LOL!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store