12 Foot Monster Acrylic Setup

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Very nice,
stock list and filtration pics as well please:)
I've decided to do as many kinds of Geos and Severums I can get along with a couple different kinds of acaras including bandits, some hecklii, true parrots and specs (thanks to Jeff Rapps for all these guys). I got a handful of quarter sized wide bars from Jojo at Ichiban I'm growing out and some random stuff like uruas that fit the theme. I have a Rubbermaid 100 gallon stock tank I'll touch on later for the sump

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
None of these pics are good but here are some pics of random grow outs. Much to my wife's chagrin I have about a dozen tanks going right now to qt and grow out fish
Here's rotkeil and emeralds from Jeff Rapps.

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
Pic of the stand being built. My daughter and I made a tent during a break. 12' seemed a lot longer when the stand was built versus just laying it out with a tape measure

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
That hole isn't supposed to be in the wall but the tank had to get downstairs somehow. I bribed my friends with drinks again and told them I figured it may take a half an hour. Three hours, one 4'x3' hole in the wall and what seemed like a thousand steps the tank was in the basement.

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
I left it kind of in the middle of the floor so I could work around it. I needed to remove all of the paint, buff it and drill the tank for a Beananimal Overflow. Amazingly the original owner chose not to drill when he ordered the tank. He was running an HOB overflow into a wet dry along with 3 FX5s. It worked out better because I didn't want to deal with dursos again (my planted 340 has those) or have some odd overfkow configuration. I planned on doing kind of a modified coast to coast design.

jandb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 18, 2009
Lewis Center, OH
The hob overflows ran out of these small boxes. They were mounted on sandwiched pieces of acrylic. I tried everything from pulling them off to using a hacksaw, grinding wheel and multitool. I wanted to make sure I didn't rattle the tank apart removing them so eventually I just slowly cut them off with a hack saw. No fun there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store