Dovii

MajesticMatt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
California
I read about these guys and I instantly fell in love with them as many of us do. I have one that is about 6 inches in a 125 gallon grow out tank with a grammodes, buttikoferi, umbee, flowerhorn and a few dithers all males (well hopefully in the umbee's case) but anyways, when I read about them, I found multiple people saying that they aren't that bad until one day they just go crazy and get super aggressive. I just wanted to know if it is possible that mine is already crazy or if he is gonna get a lot worse, like I needed to clean my other tank so I wanted to put my green terror pair in the dovii tank, I put one in and came back less then 5 minutes later and found the dovii grabbing the green terror by the back and shaking him, I instantly took the green terror out and looked at him, his back fins were almost cut off and he couldn't swim right side up for a while (don't worry he is doing better now) but is it possible that my dovii already snapped? Or is this what they're like before then? Either way he's definitely gonna need his own tank eventually

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
It will need it own tank soon, the bigger they are the more aggressive/bully to smaller tank mates.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
Why did you take the fish out of the tank to clean it?

In a 125 it's only a matter of time before the dovii, umbee or butti kill everyone. Unless you have a really big tank don't expect tank mates to work out with any of those fish.

MajesticMatt

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 13, 2015
California
Why did you take the fish out of the tank to clean it?

In a 125 it's only a matter of time before the dovii, umbee or butti kill everyone. Unless you have a really big tank don't expect tank mates to work out with any of those fish.
They were recently sick so I was doing a big water change, and idk of you read the thing but as I said it is a grow out tank

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I totally read your post wrong. I've been doing homework all night and my head isn't clear.

To answer your question. The dovii is still pretty small. I would expect to have it killswitch turned on once it gets a big bigger.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
Only fish I seen you can keep with a dovii is another dovii preferably opersit sex, even then they need hides that only they can get in. Your incident with GT was just your dovii letting him know that he is boss in the tank. When he flips it will ruins your tank that's why most of us that keep dovii have them from a small size on there own in larger tanks, they soon fill them out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store