Looking for the perfect bichir combo

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
So I wanted to add this little fact... this tank is a very smooth community with very little issues so I don't want to add an overly aggressive bichir to the mix. Ive heard a few horror stories...

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Bichirs usually aren't aggressive unless they are hungry. Keep them well fed and you shouldn't have any problems. And also make sure you don't have a bite size tank mates. However sometimes there are those bad eggs that will end up being aggressive at times, but I have rarely seen that in any polys.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
sometimes there are those bad eggs that will end up being aggressive at times, but I have rarely seen that in any polys.
I had a gold dust that was pretty hardcore and ended up rehoming it. It did not play well with the others (sen, albino sen, del, weeksii)

Ive heard of some of the endli trying to eat other smaller bichir tankmates.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
How difficult are these to keep ?
Dmd has his much longer thannive had mine but it depends on what you mean by difficult. The fish have insane appetites so its easy to give them variety and a good diet. Mine will eat two leaves of romain and hes only 8inches. But hes a bit on the aggressive side. Doesnt bother the polys but because of his appetite i have to feed the polys with tongs when its something i dont want him eating like fresh fish or frozen krill and stuff.
Dmd will prob provide a better response

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store