What ever happened to?

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
Have you ever wondered what happened to some members that used to post often, were very knowledgable and great contributors that all of a sudden stopped posting? Here today gone tomorrow with no closure. sometimes it's a while before you realize they are gone and you're left wondering if everything is OK but have no way of knowing.

I was thinking about a few I used to converse with quite a bit. VRWC VRWC , B balton777 , G Gruff Master , C cchhcc all gone now. All great contributors.

koltsixx

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 13, 2007
Bronx, NYC
I know how you feel I used to enjoy talking to them and reading their threads/posts and I know there's a great deal many more we've lost that I miss. Did they lose passion for the hobby? Or did they just leave MFK? Or was there something else? It makes me realize I should really use the friend request option more often so I can better keep track of those I enjoy talking to and that I should myself post more often to help contribute to the site and stay in touch.

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
This general 'line of thought' has occurred to me a few times.
any member could suddenly pass away or have a life-altering issue & we'd never know what happened to them, unless someone close to them knows about their mfk activity, and has access to their computer, etc.
I remember GruffMaster, but the other names are too generic to stand out to me.
Accessing a deceased person's online accounts, (of various types) can be real obstacles... if they didn't have a list of account passwords and keep them updated for 'someone' to handle.

this unfortunately, became a reality for me. taking "easy online transactions" for granted. sucks big wads when several things suddenly disappear into cyberspace. then it becomes a big chore.
Remember when we kept EVERYthing on paper, IN a file? those days are gone.

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Have you ever wondered what happened to some members that used to post often, were very knowledgable and great contributors that all of a sudden stopped posting? Here today gone tomorrow with no closure. sometimes it's a while before you realize they are gone and you're left wondering if everything is OK but have no way of knowing.

I was thinking about a few I used to converse with quite a bit. VRWC VRWC , B balton777 , G Gruff Master , C cchhcc all gone now. All great contributors.
I most definitely have been there. I still think a mass email should go out to let people no the Mobile site is no longer functional but mfk is back. Balton777 was the man

jsodwi

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2005
south of heaven
ECZS needs to be reinstated. He brings some great fish at great prices in. I've seen a lot of members with monster tanks and a crazy stock just pack it in because of how time consuming it can be. What ever happened to dieselmack? Or johnptc

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store