Who's heard of this brand?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Dry dog food,I came across this stuff at a local pet store.I've never seen it before.
20150724_130520.jpg

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
I never heard of it, but doing some looking around at what's in it I think 32% protein is to high unless you have a working dog. Years ago when I had Beagles I would feed this type of food during hunting season when they would be out running rabbits all day. Other wise I used regular adult lamb & rice formula.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I never heard of it, but doing some looking around at what's in it I think 32% protein is to high unless you have a working dog. Years ago when I had Beagles I would feed this type of food during hunting season when they would be out running rabbits all day. Other wise I used regular adult lamb & rice formula.
I suspected it was something along the lines of Pedigree but in a fancy looking package...looking to mooch off of the Bully crowd.

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
i'd never feed pedigree or ol roy and those type of brands... i feed the costco brand along with raw. costco brand
is a cheap alternative to the good but pricey brands like blue buffalo, diamond, canidae & etc. but raw is the best
hands down.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
i'd never feed pedigree or ol roy and those type of brands... i feed the costco brand along with raw. costco brand
is a cheap alternative to the good but pricey brands like blue buffalo, diamond, canidae & etc. but raw is the best
hands down.
What got me using Pedigree years ago was the fact that they were a big sponsor of the Westminster dog show that would come on tv. .I figurered that the product can't be too bad if that organization associates with them.I know better now...Money talks huh?

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
What got me using Pedigree years ago was the fact that they were a big sponsor of the Westminster dog show that would come on tv. .I figurered that the product can't be too bad if that organization associates with them.I know better now...Money talks huh?
yup

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
For years now I've used eukanuba lamb and rice formula. I just recently switched the Costco brand, see to be OK. I remember when I was a kid my father would feed our dogs table scraps, a can of horse meat once in a while they basicly ate whatever. One lived to 17 the other to 19, these were both mutts someone gave us when their dog had puppies. So I don't know or I not convinced all these new designer brands do anything other than cost more. These dogs back then never went to the vet I don't even know if they even had shots, maybe rabies. My point is a dog lived ~15 years then and they still live about 15 years today. Now if these new brands gave us an average life span of 20 years I'd say they were on to somting otherwise, IMO it just costs more and make us feel like we're doing something.

One other thing I wanted to mention, my father and grandfather used to worm puppies with raw garlic, crushed red pepper and olive oil. No meds. My grandfather told me in Italian the garlic and pepper would kill them, the olive oil would make everything slide out. I guessed it worked.

Last edited:

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
For years now I've used eukanuba lamb and rice formula. I just recently switched the Costco brand, see to be OK. I remember when I was a kid my father would feed our dogs table scraps, a can of horse meat once in a while they basicly ate whatever. One lived to 17 the other to 19, these were both mutts someone gave us when their dog had puppies. So I don't know or I not convinced all these new designer brands do anything other than cost more. These dogs back then never went to the vet I don't even know if they even had shots, maybe rabies. My point is a dog lived ~15 years then and they still live about 15 years today. Now if these new brands gave us an average life span of 20 years I'd say they were on to somting otherwise, IMO it just costs more and make us feel like we're doing something.
its just the quality of the dog food ingredient. cheaper foods use byproducts & etc which arent good while higher quality
foods will use actual meat. ( byproducts = feet, nails, brains, heart, heads, spleens, road kill & etc etc... ) pedigree =
ground whole corn and meat byproduct is the main ingredient where as kirkland/costco brand = chicken/lamb, chicken/
lamb meal, brown rice. just to show a example and comparison.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store