what food is packed with protein

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Oh ok, I thought there was something new going on. Thanks for clearing it up, do the nls pellets cloud the water or anything? I've always used hikari and love it but thinking about trying either nls or kens.

brittneyelz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2015
simi valley CA
Oh ok, I thought there was something new going on. Thanks for clearing it up, do the nls pellets cloud the water or anything? I've always used hikari and love it but thinking about trying either nls or kens.
I hadn't noticed any cloudiness I normally used API cichlid pellets. I just finally bought the hikari

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
I have found a mixture of shrimp, crickets, and hikari pellets have provied best grow/conditioning for my predatory fish.

Recently I have been trying Repashy instead of hikari, havn't had it long enough to see what the condition of the fish are like on long term feeding of it, but it doesn't make my tanks smell nearly as bad as the hikari pellets do.

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Never heard of the Repashy, maybe it's more toward your area of the world. Any new updates on it and how it's doing?

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
http://www.store.repashy.com

I have found that the polypterus that I am feeding the bottom feeder Repashy seem to be growing a bit faster then I remember my other poly's that I grew out on hikari.

Also just as a small experiment I split some apisto fry up between two breeder boxes running off the same tank, feeding one Repashy spawn and grow, and the other one Hikari fry food. The ones grown out on the Repashy are about 25% longer then the ones grown on Hikari after two months of feeding twice a day.

TexOscar1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2014
Texas
Interesting, I may need to try it. I have been using hikari fry food and crushed flakes mostly.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store