Rays...only interested in earthworms.

kiep

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
chicago, il
Just got rays about 13" disk. They show only interested in earthworms. Not shrimps n pellets.

Should I starve it? Or its fine just feed them earthworms.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
i'd feed them earthworms for the time being, once you know they're healthy and doing well in your tank, switch them over.

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Slow process if they are that size and it is all they have ever eaten. I would soak chopped up worms with a mix of your choice of fish and pellets over night in the fridge. Keep giving them that for a few weeks and they should slowly switch over.

cjfrontlovr

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2006
denver,nc..
as odd as this may sound, years ago I broke a flower that was raised on crawlers to shrimp and pellets by boring a hole through a small chunk of shrimp and threading a large live nightcrawler through the hole and tieing the nightcrawler into a knot. the crawler would squirm but not before the flower would eat it and the shrimp. eventually, after a few days I put a couple crawlers tied with shrimp and some plain shrimp and she ate it all. eventually, no crawlers at all.i actually did a thread about it.i think it was titled cracked my flower. there were pictures and such in the thread if you want to look.

Reactions: Toohard
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store