Rare Fish pic From Rare Fish series

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Are you keeping them in fresh? Are they waspish or tolerant of each other? How many do you have?
I caught them in pure fresh, acclimated them to brackish, then they broke out in anchor worms, I think the frehwater staves it off. Then I went on another trip for 10 days and came home they were all dead. But I know where to catch them now, and will in the near future get some !

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I caught them in pure fresh, acclimated them to brackish, then they broke out in anchor worms, I think the frehwater staves it off. Then I went on another trip for 10 days and came home they were all dead. But I know where to catch them now, and will in the near future get some !
So are these guys actually a freshwater or brackish water species? Im confused

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Thank you for the update, that is super cool. You do such a good job of keeping them. I had 2 remaining and they killed each other...
Thanks Wes. This guy seems to be kind of nasty. Shortly after I got the two from you, this one jumped the divider. I came home to him bouncing the other around like a beach ball. I really think he was playing with the dead body.

lil neet

I Love MFK
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2005
Nice on the cat .I have not seen those in a while .Do you ever see the giant species of electric cat avail?

Stone Like Fish

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Queensland, Australia
What is this guy?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store