65 gallon

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
I inherited a 65 gallon saltwater tank from my buddy who didn't
Wanna take it with him on his move. It's a fish only tank has some live rock, some fake, live sand. He also gave me the power head, heater, and 2 HOB filters, a big bag of salt, a hydrometer, 2 snowflake eels, and a Yellow tang.
My Maine question is stocking? In that size of a tank can I add anything else? If so what would be good candidates to go with what I currently have? I've never had a salt tank so I'm a complete noob. Thanks in advance

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
The tank is a little small for those fish at adult size. You can basically put any fish in there. There might be a small a risk with the snowflakes eating small fish but you should be fine. I would get a few small hardy fish like damels, clownfish, firefish, blennies. They will add color and a little action.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
The tank is a little small for those fish at adult size. You can basically put any fish in there. There might be a small a risk with the snowflakes eating small fish but you should be fine. I would get a few small hardy fish like damels, clownfish, firefish, blennies. They will add color and a little action.
Thanks for the reply man. I plan on rehoming the eels, I like them but realistically I do not have the space. Any kind of angels work? I really like the Flame and Bicolor angels

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
I don't really know much about angelfish. The only angel I had had was a majestic angel. He killed my grouper and was out in a day. 2 of the smaller angels such as the flame and bi color might work. If you do want to get the 2 add of them add them at the same time.

If you google flame angel and bicolor compatibility tons of thread show up.

Reactions: SePPii

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
Thanks for the reply man. I plan on rehoming the eels, I like them but realistically I do not have the space. Any kind of angels work? I really like the Flame and Bicolor angels
eels should b fine imo... i had a couple snowflakes in 55's for 2-3yrs... they never exceeded 20-24" and are pretty slender... theyll tear up ur rock work but thats about it. had one 18-20" in a 10 gal for a while no prob lol... small angel should b fine also.

SePPii

Dovii
MFK Member
May 21, 2011
Chesapeake, OH
Eels are gone, picked up 2 clowns and still have the yellow tang. image.jpg

Cu455

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
US
Great looking clowns, How about a full tank shot. You are going to love having a saltwater tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store