2nd floor condo

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
I'm very disappointed, you've got a whole foot you should of taken advantage of ;)

Looks good!

Food for thought, you could also move that tank closer to the adjacent door and add another 75 on the other wall in the same manner

DIDYSIS

Mantilla Stingray
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2012
West Jordan Utah
Very sharp looking tank, I like the 75 gallon tanks allot

tomojsg

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2011
大韓民國 (서울) Korea
only a 75g? i kept a standard 240g acrylic in a apt on the 3rd floor lol :headbang2look at
all that room! go big or go home! with premium renter's insurance of course lol ;)

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I'm very disappointed, you've got a whole foot you should of taken advantage of ;)

Looks good!

Food for thought, you could also move that tank closer to the adjacent door and add another 75 on the other wall in the same manner
Yea, yea guys, baby steps lol. I wanted a quality piece that wouldn't leave me worrying all day about it crashing through the floor or startin a city pool in my neighbors living room.

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I think you made the right choice, 75 is a decent tank size..
Thanks, I think so too. Eventually, I will move into a more permanent residence with a 1st floor to house a 180 gallon plus. For now this will have to suit my monster apatite.

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I really liked my standard 4ft 75g. I loved the dimensions and it was still really easy to work inside.

If your concerned about water hitting the floor I'd bite the bullet and buy a new tank, I dunno how tank prices are where you live but new tanks arent much more expensive than used ones in my area. Thay being said a new tank isnt. 100% guaranteed. I just bought a brandnew AGA 90g and the workmanship is far better than any of my older tanks.

I wouldn't sweat the weight issue. Just make sure the stand is square and the floor is level. Your in a corner. Corners are always a good thing.

Ive replaced the plumbing on my canisters with braided pvc tubing with sched40 unions and ball valves after I had a factory valve break in half on an eheim canister.

I live in an apartment too. +1 on renters insurance. If you drill that baby, put an extra hole or 2 in it. Just my $.02

Sent from my SCH-R950 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
I moved into a new 1st floor condo with wood floors weeks ago. I never set this tank up at the other place, it just sat. Long story short after spending all day setting the tank up I noticed water all around the base. Yep, nearly 99% sure the tank leaks but I couldn't tell from where. It showed on both bottom/back side corners of the stand. It's like it was leaking down the interior of the stand and out. To add salt to the wound all the muddy sand I added to the bucket
Ended up on the floor after the handle busted trying to carry it out to my patio. I think I'm going to just bite the bullet and buy a new 75g or 90g. Its just not worth the time, effort, or risk to repair this one. After 8 years out of the hobby this was an awful welcoming back party.

20150730_235112.jpg

juddb

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 26, 2014
washington
That sucks, hella. If you go 90 you might as well go 100 bro. Good luck man, I've had the same thing happen to me.

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Sorry that tank didn't work out for you bro hopefully it didn't make too much of a mess. Good thing you noticed it leaking and didn't find out later. If you go 100 might as well go 120g 4 x 2 x 2.

snake_charmer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
Michigan
I'm gonna keep the 75g theme because the stand canopy are perfect for that height of a tank. A 90g really needs a shorter stand otherwise you need a step letter to get to the substrate level. My previous 90g stand was shorter by 8-10 inches and it really makes sense with the increase in tank height. I'm 5'10" for anyone that's pondering that thought ;-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store