How To Remove Glass From Drill Hole

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
So, is the issue that you can't get the razor in all the way through because of the depth of the patched glass?

If this the case and you already gotten under the glass, then fishing line or dental floss should be able to finish it off.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
So, is the issue that you can't get the razor in all the way through because of the depth of the patched glass?

If this the case and you already gotten under the glass, then fishing line or dental floss should be able to finish it off.
no the problem is I cannot get anything underneath to cut away the silicone so I can remove the piece of glass. it's on there really good with very minimal space in between the aquarium and the patch

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
no the problem is I cannot get anything underneath to cut away the silicone so I can remove the piece of glass. it's on there really good with very minimal space in between the aquarium and the patch
I think then you really only have 2 options if you want to remove those patches. Drill through those patches, or carefully shattering the patches, using an awl or chisel, and removing the shards piece by piece :( Personally, I would try to drill GL

welsher7

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2006
Fort Wayne, IN
Try using wire to cut through the silicone. It is stronger than fishing line and should be able to cut through the silicone.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store