SUPERSPOT Motoro Trio Project

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Just got a new male to join my two female. He is just 10 inches and approx 1.5years old. Its the closes spotty motoro that I can get with the spots really showing even at a young age. The seller told me it has a small portion of mantilla blood on it but still happy with the design of the ray.

I'll need to beef him up, though is claspers are folded already, he is way too small for the females. Plan is to join them in by next year to create motoros with higher rate of superspot genes.

For now, im happy to just see them swim around my tank. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
I need thoughts wether to set up breeding tanks for each female or just let them (trio) go in one tank. I have a community tank now if ill go with the latter option otherwise i need to prep my logistics for next year.

yargnits

Piranha
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2011
Leeds, UK.
they should be fine if you leave them as a group. i did for ages. however i lost the last litter with just one male and one female in the tank so its worth keeping an eye on them and seporate if there are signs of too much aggression near the birthing date.

Reactions: litigator666

moosemj

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2012
Illinois
I agree, leave them together. With two females to share the breeding hopefully he doesn't beat up either one of them too bad.

Reactions: litigator666

litigator666

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2008
clayfield, qld australia
Ill take the suggestions onboard.

Plans may still change as im still in the market to secure a 2nd superspot male. Hopefully someone will sell up as most people here hold on to special quality rays.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store