Engineer goby with triggerfish

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
I have a 50 gallon fish tank and have an undulate triggerfish and was looking for interesting tank mates to be out because the undulate triggerfish hides sometimes. I was wondering if an engineer goby could with the Undulate triggerfish. I am wondering if the Engineer goby would make the wall of live rock collapse by bovine the gravel and possibly cause a rock to hot the triggerfish. I am also wondering if the engineer goby would be eaten by the triggerfish. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Yeah, I thought so but i was just wondering.
In the 2 weeks I've had him he has killed 2 triggerfish, so i thought it was just because they are the same shape as he is. I guess not.

At the petstore there was a trigger tank with all of the triggerfish but one who was in "time out" for killing a few triggerfish. I bet you can guess what fish was in timeout. It was the undulate triggerfish.

Well i guess i will get the engineer goby and if the undulate triggerfish turns into a psychopath i will remove the engineer gory and put it into a 29 gallon.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
As that trigger gets bigger he will probably start moving your rocks around, the one I had used to drag rocks across the tank. Make sure you dont have any potential landslides awaiting. They really are the jerk of the trigger world. Pretty cool though.

PassengerTN

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
May 21, 2015
Undulates are much less forgiving than other triggers, especially in such a small tank. I doubt you'll be able to keep him with anything in a 50 gal.

MoNsTeR FiS

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2014
USA
Yeah the trigger allready moves the crushed coral substrate around, but if the engineer goby has a hole only he can fit in he can escape the hungry triggerfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store