Progression of a bruteless king Aimara!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
You know, you 2 can swap out that 2 tanks for few months... :p
I'm always into a tank with a group of wolf too, I'm not into mixing them with other species, I like both DB and JL tank :) both had their own unique.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Since, Its spend too much time hide under the center driftwood and don't eat a lot unless food right at its mouth, so I removed that driftwood and its started adapt with daily light on/off schedule. It's more active to get food now, usually its only grab food that sink to bottom but now it will chase and grab food mid way and eat a lot too, also its now leave my tiny octos alone (4 octos left so I called them fantasy 4 lol). I'll buff it up a bit and I might just keep it solo for master piece showcase. :p

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I just took a quick shot of my wolf, it's pushing over 12 inches now, already gained over an inch in 3 weeks (sorry about phone picture quality)
IMG_0175.JPG

Reactions: Oxymus

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Belly full and chilling out.

IMG_0179.JPG

Re-organized my plants and took out black substrate now its color show up better than a moving black log :p, I'll add more plants later, I can't bare the look an unplanted tank.

IMG_0180.JPG

A lfs 30 minutes driving from my house had a 8~9 inches marble goby, It look cool but I doubt my wolf will leave the goby alone. Does any one ever try this combo before?

Last edited:
Reactions: Oxymus

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I had a mala with one for about 2 years from 5th to 7th grade was my favorite fish till I got the curu lol

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
So while I'm out of town my sister want to surprise me by added tank mates into my wolf tank, she added a Vieja Synspilum (common named redhead cichlid), and a paroon catfish, both of them abit bigger than 8 inches...I came home today:
IMG_0188.JPG

I have to take this cat out because you can see a clear bite mark on it back...almost become a meal for a wolf.

IMG_0190.JPG

The Synspilum servered torn tail and fins but still try to get along with the wolf lol
I probably take out the Synspilum if thing go too rough for it.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Well, after monitor the aggression for an hour and a half I decided to remove the Synspilum, the wolf clearly doesn't want to share its tank with anyone! But I have to say these tank mates did turn my wolf on and its extremely active and patrolled the tank more than usual...I have to find a right tank mate especially right size so it can handle the beat up from the wolf. :)

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Also, its successful wiped out entire shoal 25x Octocinlus...I love these tiny algae eaters :( they keep my plants clean!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store