Wallago Attu growth rate?

LiamIrons

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2012
Nottingham,Uk
I've got a 4" Attu comming soon and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what their growth rate is like?

wednesday13

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
The deep south
I've got a 4" Attu comming soon and I am wondering if anyone has any experience with them and what their growth rate is like?
Bob V has a good sized one...he'll chime in soon im sure... my wels has grown around 12" a year for 3 years now...pushing 40" at 3.5yrs right on schedule lol...

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
I have just got a 1'-er from Shark Aquarium and wonder about the same question.

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
Hello! Liam asked me on facebook but for all all asking, mine grew from YOY to 2 feet in less than a year:D i'll try to post a video/pic of it within the day:D

bobVillanueva

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 16, 2007
Philippines
www.youtube.com
hi dazz and tbtb

his aggression is really not a concern. If there was one cat who'd bully the others, it would be the alpha which is the Firewood (only because of it's size).

This guy is more docile than a Leerii as it would almost stay put at the bottom while the leerii patrols a certain area that it protects. as a matter of fact, it would often get bite marks from the planiceps before but thankfully nothing too serious.

re feeding,
at YOY, i started with a live (as thats the only food it used to accept) then gradually, it's staple diet, as to all of my fish, Sardinella Tawilis, chopped mackrel scad (if tawilis is not available), anchovies sometimes and shrimp. from time to time, id still give them beef heart and maybe once a month, feeder fish (for my enjoyment) lol

thebiggerthebetter

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
Thanks. I had to write to the vendor about my one-footer. George (of Shark Aquarium) said he fed it Hikari Cichlid Gold sinking pellets. Today my attu took 4 massivore pellets, very slowly / reluctantly (?).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store