My Giant gourami and oscars

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
My Oscars and Giant gourami. The tiger Oscars is about 23cm(9 inch), the Albino red about 12cm(4.7 inch). My Giant gourami is about 60cm(24 inch). The newest member I got yesterday is a Albino tiger Oscar and she is staying in a separate tank because the giant will eat it with no hassle.

My albino red

My family

The new oscar

Blkpiranha

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2007
Love the oscars as they are just like puppies. I have always had oscars over the years ,even a breeding pair. I recently bought another one but forgot how messy they were when they eat. I had no clean up crew for him so I traded him in. One day I would like to try some wild caught ones when I get bored of my current fish and this time I will have to invest in a clean up crew.

Hoplo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2011
New Zealand
Looking good. Hopefully with there beinga larger number of your big fish in there, you wont have any agression problems.

weirdfishlover

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 2, 2010
< The Red Dot >
Nice combo. I have 2 RTGGs; one at 11" and the other at 9". Can't wait for them to have a muscly look like yours. How's the temperament of him with the oscars ?

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
The GG is an attention hawk, she just want all the aattention she can get. Oscars is messy but not even close as messy with waste as a GG

The GG protects the smallest oscar (the albino red) like a mad thing. They are big friends.

The GG is not even 2 years old, she still got a long way to go before she is adult. She grew up with Oscars, she doesn't mind them.

Last edited:

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
The GG is an attention hawk, she just want all the aattention she can get. Oscars is messy but not even close as messy with waste as a GG

The GG protects the smallest oscar (the albino red) like a mad thing. They are big friends.

The GG is not even 2 years old, she still got a long way to go before she is adult. She grew up with Oscars, she doesn't mind them.
Mine is only about 14" right now and so far has been very anti-social towards tankmates

Vlekkie

Exodon
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2013
Roodepoort
My GG is a female and fe,ales is much calmer than males. Males got the habit to bully new tank mates till they end up dead.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store