MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Went out fly fishing for carp and sadly the carp wouldn't respond to anything even though I could see dozens of them and place the fly right in the midst of them. Had one mouth it but other than that just caught this nice Redhorse.

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Fished multiple sections of the local creek and most of the large, local lake yesterday with my friend and sorry to say the trip didn't live up to our expectations. I was hoping to get him his first trout since he's mainly a bass guy but neither of us managed one. If course we hadn't had any rain for the past week and creeks were perfect up until the day before the trip, then that night it downpoured and made super high water. Regardless, I still caught a few Bluegill, Pumpkinseeds, and Green Sunfish plus a little Largemouth at the lake and a decent smallmouth on the creek. He only landed a single pumpkinseed but lost a 18-19" largemouth. Heading to the river later so hopefully a better report is coming tonight.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Allegheny was a bust. We went out on our friend's pontoon to several spots and caught nothing but an old anchor. After several hours of disappointment we came back to dock and I threw in a worm real quick and lucked in to a 16" flathead cat. At least we didn't get skunked.

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Erie was the nastiest I've ever seen it this weekend, but we still managed 7 fish. Saturday we headed to the PA/OH border to troll for walleye and after a few hours we caught a nice 22" 5 pound Steelhead (which was a great meal later that night) and a 20" Drum. After those fish the waves which were previously 2-4' tall very quickly shifted into 5-7' tall and we encountered a few swells about 10' with one at the end of the two hour drive back to port (normally 30 minutes in good conditions) that was approaching 12' tall and towered over our 22' long fishing boat. Easily the highest waves I've ever encountered in Erie. Today we got in about two hours of trolling closer to port before waves kicked up to 5'rs again and we left and caught a white bass and average Drum. Tried in the bay for a while and caught two dink yellow perch and miraculously a 3" golden shiner lol.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
Fished the allegheny again tonight, this time from the docks. Didn't suck quite as bad as last week but fishing was still below average. Caught a 4" Rock bass and a 20" common Carp. Also lost either what what've been an angling state record tree at the surface after a Carp swam under one, lol.

image.jpg

Karl K

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2014
Denmark
Fished the allegheny again tonight, this time from the docks. Didn't suck quite as bad as last week but fishing was still below average. Caught a 4" Rock bass and a 20" common Carp. Also lost either what what've been an angling state record tree at the surface after a Carp swam under one, lol.

View attachment 1134769
Nice carp, those fish are so sneaky.. Fished so much for them, seen so many, yet to catch one haha.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store