this Dr was born with rare ability to literally FEEL other people's pain

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
you might want to look up the definition of literally.
he's not feeling their pain, he's experiencing his own psychosomatic pain. no telepathy or transfer of nerve impulses.
IF you read the article, it certainly was not followed by googling his name or the condition for other relevant sources about it.
It is a neurological condition. Not psychosomatic. If you are going to speak as if your assessment is authoritative about defining what people are being discovered to have & experience, at least read up on it from the medical perspective. That is a different than personal, pre-determined assumptions. It requires weighing some evaluations.
Also, the condition is not limited to a single sense, like pain. "... synesthesia, which is a sensory processing condition that means that, when I experience something with one of my senses, I involuntary experience it through other senses, too".
It is not only seen in this one person either.
Now, I don't care what people go into this already believing. only interested in actual information and proven examined cases. Your assumptions are limited to Just that. No analysis of other available info, only limits to original state of personal opinion. not an attempt to see if there may be something new to learn.
I really find it interesting that a very small percent of the population lives with this and it is only recently being recognized.
:-]
It seems that most people do not become disciplined to focus on practical applications in life.
However, previous comments, extrapolating all sorts of uncontrollable states of his mind with this, have no basis stated in his various article descriptions.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA

petspoiler

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2011
rural Calif.
Lol. good idea, no doubt.

Gill Blue

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
michigan
IF you read the article, it certainly was not followed by googling his name or the condition for other relevant sources about it.
It is a neurological condition. Not psychosomatic. If you are going to speak as if your assessment is authoritative about defining what people are being discovered to have & experience, at least read up on it from the medical perspective. That is a different than personal, pre-determined assumptions. It requires weighing some evaluations.
Also, the condition is not limited to a single sense, like pain. "... synesthesia, which is a sensory processing condition that means that, when I experience something with one of my senses, I involuntary experience it through other senses, too".
It is not only seen in this one person either.
Now, I don't care what people go into this already believing. only interested in actual information and proven examined cases. Your assumptions are limited to Just that. No analysis of other available info, only limits to original state of personal opinion. not an attempt to see if there may be something new to learn.
I really find it interesting that a very small percent of the population lives with this and it is only recently being recognized.
:-]
It seems that most people do not become disciplined to focus on practical applications in life.
However, previous comments, extrapolating all sorts of uncontrollable states of his mind with this, have no basis stated in his various article descriptions.

actually I was unaware of the newer interpretations in synesthesia, so while I can no longer argue for the use of the word psychosomatic it doesn't change the fact that he does not feel your pain. he's feeling a mentally induced physical sensation because of his empathy for your pain.

and for what it's worth, I wouldn't want a doctor who feels patients ailments. constant pain wears on you, dulls the mind and pulls your attention inward when they need to be paying attention to my problem.

Last edited:

ShadowP

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2015
Southeastern North Carolina
actually I was unaware of the newer interpretations in synesthesia, so while I can no longer argue for the use of the word psychosomatic it doesn't change the fact that he does not feel your pain. he's feeling a mentally induced physical sensation because of his empathy for your pain.

and for what it's worth, I wouldn't want a doctor who feels patients ailments. constant pain wears on you, dulls the mind and pulls your attention inward when they need to be paying attention to my problem.
Wrong again... he is not creating the pain out of sympathy for any one or any thing. Ever heard of Remote Viewing? People who get really good at it can also feel the emotions of those in the target area or event even when that target is in the past. But here's the catch to undo your sympathy self induced argument. The romote viewers aren't told what the target is, or even "when" it was or is expected or hoped to be. Yet many viewers will come up with the same information, diagrams and feelings (to include some of the more adept actually experiencing pain, joy, pleasure, fear, etc) without knowing what their target is. All the administrator or project director gave them each was the same exact number set which they assigned to the target to be viewed.
The task for the remote viewer is always the same... tell us everything you can about the target we have associated to this number set.
The data gathered individually by each viewer is then correlated with the data from all the viewers and a phenomenal amount of that data is a near perfect match to what other team member viewers gathered.
The results by your standards would be "impossible", since they're all making it up as they go.

Scientists do not like talking about such things as this because they cannot explain the irrefutable evidence which undermines the very foundations of knowledge which they have built their careers on.

Last edited:

fishbum

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2007
Antarctica
I can sense you're being very skeptcal...
lol (Team America)
Try researching what you can on Army Ret Major General Stubblebine's carreer.
I have. I get a lot of info from places other than a fish forum. This is not the first time I have heard of this doctor.

LOL, what team are you? Funny cuz I'm not American....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store