Petsmart mystery fish

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
I agree with the parrot cross idea, the mouth area is starting to look really v shaped. She hasn't faded much but that rosy color has expanded some. The pearling has lost some of its green as well. I have a feeling what it looks like now will be the final look. My Texas is trying hard to sex her up but she could care less it seems. She follows my Red Devil all around but he seems to not care for her.

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
It's not fading and it isn't a rose queen though.
Why do you say that? If it's a parrot/syn cross that may fade, does that not make it a rose queen? Of my parrot/syn crosses, only one faded and it was a bit bigger than the OP's fish when it began to. It took nearly 2 years to fully fade.

I agree with the parrot cross idea, the mouth area is starting to look really v shaped. She hasn't faded much but that rosy color has expanded some. The pearling has lost some of its green as well. I have a feeling what it looks like now will be the final look. My Texas is trying hard to sex her up but she could care less it seems. She follows my Red Devil all around but he seems to not care for her.
I'll find some pics of my parrot/syn crosses for you. They looked very similar. One turned out to be an absolute beast.

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
This one runs the tank, it bosses everyone around.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
And even if this fish does fade later on the base color now is very light so it will fade to yellow. If the owner likes it all is well but this fish probably won't be any kind of show piece.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
And even if this fish does fade later on the base color now is very light so it will fade to yellow. If the owner likes it all is well but this fish probably won't be any kind of show piece.
Probly a pale pink is more likely than yellow. As far as show piece it's a matter of opinion given it's not particularly in a breeding tank. What would you consider it to be with out being so vague?

monkeybike

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 13, 2015
Yeah, it's just a pet fish, I'm not looking to do anything fancy with it. It was just an odd little fish beating up all the Dempseys it was in with at Petsmart, lol.

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
Probly a pale pink is more likely than yellow. As far as show piece it's a matter of opinion given it's not particularly in a breeding tank. What would you consider it to be with out being so vague?
Exactly. I'm not sure where they are getting yellow from.

For the record, here is my parrot/syn that faded. It was a lovely deep orange (pic doesn't do it justice really).

Reactions: maybachmusic

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
Exactly. I'm not sure where they are getting yellow from.

For the record, here is my parrot/syn that faded. It was a lovely deep orange (pic doesn't do it justice really).

That guys nice looking. I don't know either very few parrots, red devil, or midas I've seen have been yellow. Plus there's syn in it obviously with it's shape and color. So it's not going to be a simple yellow color 2 to 3 years from now. Even synspilum have late bloomers so it could turn out to have a array of color but not just plain yellow. I'm not leading someone to believe they have something they don't have but I'm not going to say they have nothing. It's just proper ethics.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store