Heaters....

tonysdiscus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
holiday,florida
i was thinking of using 2 500w heaters in case one fails on me.Tank is in the garage and insulated. I dont think my plants will survive the warmmer temp above 82. I will be using a Ranco controller for the heaters.I just wanted to knoow what was the best heater on the market as of today.
-Tony

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
i was thinking of using 2 500w heaters in case one fails on me.Tank is in the garage and insulated. I dont think my plants will survive the warmmer temp above 82. I will be using a Ranco controller for the heaters.I just wanted to knoow what was the best heater on the market as of today.
-Tony
There have been threads on this very subject, and unfortunately, the answer seems to be.....none. It stems from the electronics that's required to produce a high quality unit would be exorbitant in price......something along the line of $300 msrp per unit.

Basically, the heaters that's available to us are cheap quality, regardless of the manufacturer, and is essentially a crab-shoot, whether it will fail or not. This is why you want to safeguard from failure issues by adding separate controllers along with heaters

tonysdiscus

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2006
holiday,florida
There have been threads on this very subject, and unfortunately, the answer seems to be.....none. It stems from the electronics that's required to produce a high quality unit would be exorbitant in price......something along the line of $300 msrp per unit.

Basically, the heaters that's available to us are cheap quality, regardless of the manufacturer, and is essentially a crab-shoot, whether it will fail or not. This is why you want to safeguard from failure issues by adding separate controllers along with heaters

That is what i was trying t find out. I had this feeling but was hoping things had changed,lol.. Thank you for you input!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store